The Official Status Update Thread: Part 145 - Happy Thanksgiving INGO!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You could, and they could be very nice in Cerekote. Any Colt, I mean color, you want. Way more durable than a bluing.

Do they make a "shiny" Cerakote or is it relative to the degree of metal polish? I have to admit that I don't know much about it other than the conversion chemistry involved.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Do they make a "shiny" Cerakote or is it relative to the degree of metal polish? I have to admit that I don't know much about it other than the conversion chemistry involved.

I don't think it's ever shiny. My Colt SBR in my avatar is the only one I have that is Cerekoted. I think it is always a flat, or relatively so, finish. TriggerTime or BNB are the experts though.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cerakote I believe has one of those "flat from all angles" materials in it that were originally developed by 3M for the interior of the space shuttle. Nexcel tech went a long ways past NASA after the 3M patents expired.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Cerakote I believe has one of those "flat from all angles" materials in it that were originally developed by 3M for the interior of the space shuttle. Nexcel tech went a long ways past NASA after the 3M patents expired.
    That's way above my pay grade. Is there anything that Minnesota Mining hasn't invented?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom