The Official Status Update Thread: Part 145 - Happy Thanksgiving INGO!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We are going back to the orphanage. It's one of the things that we love about the holidays. My daughter and her boyfriend are coming in from Denver. Then going down to see dad. I bet your house will be smelling pretty awesome come Christmas!!

I was thinking I need to start figuring out what to bake. I don't need as much with the kids not here all the time, but I'm sure I will still have to do some of the stuff we like best.

I have been helping the neighbor lady decorate her new apartment but haven't done anything here yet. I'm making gifts for all of the residents there since many of them don't have family or anyone that visits regularly. We decided to do something small for each of them. I am almost done with making the gifts so we can have them packaged up and ready for their party on the 17th.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I was thinking I need to start figuring out what to bake. I don't need as much with the kids not here all the time, but I'm sure I will still have to do some of the stuff we like best.

I have been helping the neighbor lady decorate her new apartment but haven't done anything here yet. I'm making gifts for all of the residents there since many of them don't have family or anyone that visits regularly. We decided to do something small for each of them. I am almost done with making the gifts so we can have them packaged up and ready for their party on the 17th.
    Nothing beats helping others. We have homeless that goes thru the trash looking for clothes. We started buying coats and blankets to put by the trash containers. Hopefully it helps. I couldnt imagine having no where to go for the holidays.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Nothing beats helping others. We have homeless that goes thru the trash looking for clothes. We started buying coats and blankets to put by the trash containers. Hopefully it helps. I couldnt imagine having no where to go for the holidays.

Our church does several community giveaway things each year, for the school giveaway we provided over 1500 kids with backpacks and all the required school supplies. We also just completed a coat giveaway with about 200 coats and jackets passed out. Also run a food pantry that serves about 80 families twice a month as well as a monthly feeding ministry.

Many families are having a tough time of it and kids seem to suffer the most. Several churches here in Logansport have public food pantries and one is available each week for the needy. We also keep a supply of clothing on hand to pass out to anyone in need. Good people do what they can...

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Our church does several community giveaway things each year, for the school giveaway we provided over 1500 kids with backpacks and all the required school supplies. We also just completed a coat giveaway with about 200 coats and jackets passed out. Also run a food pantry that serves about 80 families twice a month as well as a monthly feeding ministry.

Many families are having a tough time of it and kids seem to suffer the most. Several churches here in Logansport have public food pantries and one is available each week for the needy. We also keep a supply of clothing on hand to pass out to anyone in need. Good people do what they can...
    If the government would keep their hands off people's wallets more people would help out. There was a time when we struggled. Now that things are much better we feel the need to help those who are struggling. The kids and the elderly always tug at my heart a little harder. And vets too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom