• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Actually safer while its blowing, fire is up in the air. When they shut it down and the gas is just hanging in the air or seeping out of the hit that's when its more likely to kaboom
    It was about 10 degrees out and the plume was about 50' high and sounded like an injured rabbit screaming through a loudspeaker. It was about 20' from a set of railroad tracks and fed an industrial park. The industrial park was evacuated and the railroad was shut down until some guys like you came and repaired it. It never caught fire but it looked crazy because it was so cold out that it just "hung" in the air.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I used to think the same way. I have since come to realize that broccoli prepared properly (not overdone) can be a rather delicious ingredient of many wonderful dishes.

You see, that kind of thing is where my mom got the idea it's possible to "learn to like it", but it isn't possible for me. There's a chemical in the cruciforms (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc) that you can taste or not depending on a gene in your DNA. Actually two genes; one makes it bad, the other intensifies that. I have both. So broccoli tastes like rotting sewage to me, no matter how it's prepared. I just like to snipe, though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Howdy Supr, Mom45 & CT2 again.

I'm ready to party, been traveling since Sunday afternoon, I'm freaking doing nothing for a few days....

Could you see me lurking?

Had a nice visit with my parents. About 2:30 my sister called and asked me how bad it was at our house cause the news was showing really bad roads and lots of snow. I told her I was at mom and dad's and it was bright sunshine. My daughter and I decided we should head home. Drive wasn't too bad and the plow had apparently just gone down one side of our road right before we got to the last mile of our drive. The side that was not plowed was about a foot deep so I guess that was a good thing.

Cold and windy so I guess it is leftovers for dinner unless hubby feels like braving a trip to town.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You see, that kind of thing is where my mom got the idea it's possible to "learn to like it", but it isn't possible for me. There's a chemical in the cruciforms (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc) that you can taste or not depending on a gene in your DNA. Actually two genes; one makes it bad, the other intensifies that. I have both. So broccoli tastes like rotting sewage to me, no matter how it's prepared. I just like to snipe, though.

Well, if you put enough cheese and hot sauce in it, even rotting sewage can taste good!!!! :lmfao:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Could you see me lurking?

Had a nice visit with my parents. About 2:30 my sister called and asked me how bad it was at our house cause the news was showing really bad roads and lots of snow. I told her I was at mom and dad's and it was bright sunshine. My daughter and I decided we should head home. Drive wasn't too bad and the plow had apparently just gone down one side of our road right before we got to the last mile of our drive. The side that was not plowed was about a foot deep so I guess that was a good thing.

Cold and windy so I guess it is leftovers for dinner unless hubby feels like braving a trip to town.

I'm psychic or psycho or something.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom