Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gloves would be my hardest part. My hands get really cold really fast. I'd to have full on warm gloves for most of the talking and training, then switch to a thinner glove I could shoot with when needed.

Chemical warmers in the thin gloves with spares in your kit. They really work.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I am sure the dump sewage in it.
    Hell, they grow food inn their poop.

Sewage goes directly into it. The bad thing about Bangkok was the flooding. Every time it rained hard the streets would flood. Sometimes the water would be one or two feet deep. A lot of the streets had open sewers, so the floodwater would be filled with sewage. Not fun.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well aren't you fancy. Too good for some river snails?

No, I'm not fancy at all. It just doesn't look appetizing to me. You eat with your eyes first. Now if you made it look like a Double Cheeseburger and fries I'd be all for it! :yesway:

The food coming from that river is probably just as clean as the products you can find from McDonalds. :dunno:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sewage goes directly into it. The bad thing about Bangkok was the flooding. Every time it rained hard the streets would flood. Sometimes the water would be one or two feet deep. A lot of the streets had open sewers, so the floodwater would be filled with sewage. Not fun.

Enter Bubonic Plague et al

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Just like Venice, Italy.Do they drink the water from the river too?
    In Venice the water comes from the lagoon and I'm pretty sure the waste go to the lagoon.
    A local there told me he only drinks wine for that reason. :):

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

He is either a brave and fearless soul or he is nuttier than a freaking squirrel turd.

Probably the latter. Here is a picture of the street I lived on. That "V" shaped grove in the road was for drainage. People would dump stuff into the groove and it would drain into the sewer. Every 20 or thirty feet there is an access hatch to the sewer. Is is the pictured rectangle with holes in it. They didn't smell so great. Knowing what was right under the street made walking through flood waters unpleasant. When I came back to America the first thing I did was to throw away my shoes.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Just like Venice, Italy.Do they drink the water from the river too?
    In Venice the water comes from the lagoon and I'm pretty sure the waste go to the lagoon.
    A local there told me he only drinks wine for that reason. :):

I'm not sure where the municipal water comes from. The locals don't drink it, but I did. Studies show that it's safe, but I think that it wasn't in the past which is why locals don't drink the water. I sometimes questioned the water that street vendors would serve in metal cups though.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not sure where the municipal water comes from. The locals don't drink it, but I did. Studies show that it's safe, but I think that it wasn't in the past which is why locals don't drink the water. I sometimes questioned the water that street vendors would serve in metal cups though.

It's safer to drink your own **** sometimes when you travel in some places.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    8335zhe_zps0ab63cfc.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom