Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wanna start going to estate auctions. Anyone know how to find them? I like me a good auction with antiques. I need something to do during the day. I'm seriously getting cabin fever and need an activity to not feel worthless and useless.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I wanna start going to estate auctions. Anyone know how to find them? I like me a good auction with antiques. I need something to do during the day. I'm seriously getting cabin fever and need an activity to not feel worthless and useless.

Ooo, do storage auctions like "Storage Wars" on TV!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mail will still be there tomorrow :dunno:

Maybe...maybe not. Kids around here like to trash things...the mailbox may not even be there tomorrow if we had not replaced it with the one hubby made. One morning, the whole thing was gone...box, post, everything. Just gone. I found it in the woods...just followed the trail through the woods. Another time, our mail was covered in turpentine and shaving cream inside the box. That was nice. Phone boxes are frequently missing their covers and/or ripped out of the ground by kids with four wheel drive trucks who are bored. Road signs end up missing too....that's why I have the non-emergency number for the sheriff and the number for the highway garage in my phone. Missing stop signs can be bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Assembled Mbills AR today.
    Nice young man.

Just spent a solid hour out back with a bore laser and a daylite laser target getting the new optics on 4 of my AR's dialed in.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Around here the farm sales and estate auctions are all advertised in the free paper that comes out once a week.

Find Auctions | Indiana Auctioneers Association

This is the best I can do to try and help

This is also a good place to look. Are there many of them in the city? I love going to these but have to keep my hands in my pockets so I don't inadvertently bid on something.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe...maybe not. Kids around here like to trash things...the mailbox may not even be there tomorrow if we had not replaced it with the one hubby made. One morning, the whole thing was gone...box, post, everything. Just gone. I found it in the woods...just followed the trail through the woods. Another time, our mail was covered in turpentine and shaving cream inside the box. That was nice. Phone boxes are frequently missing their covers and/or ripped out of the ground by kids with four wheel drive trucks who are bored. Road signs end up missing too....that's why I have the non-emergency number for the sheriff and the number for the highway garage in my phone. Missing stop signs can be bad.

Way to little for kids to do out in the country.
    Way to much in the city.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ooo, do storage auctions like "Storage Wars" on TV!
    Thanks for the link I'll ake a look. Do they piblish auctions in the star? Maybe I need to buy a subscription to the paper.
    As far as storage auctions ..... Big hell no! I don't want to dig through other people's crap and thn have to be responsible for loading (which I can't physically do) and I don't wanna sell stuff I just wanna buy and hoard stuff :):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Specials at the bar tonight:

What's up??? We got Mushroom Swiss Burgers w/grilled Mac & Cheese $6...$3.50 Imports...Free Presidential shots...$4.50 Dbl Shots Jäger and a GreAt BiG HapPY FreAKiNg FriiDaY...

Presidential Shots...after someone else buys a shot...I take it away from them and give it to you

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom