mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I drive past a jackknifed semi in a ditch. 65 was loaded with traffic and most of the truckers were driving at unsafe speeds.

Yep...that's normal. When we ran the wrecker around Rensselaer/Remington 25 years ago, it was horrible. I watched a semi sideswipe a car and knock it into the ditch where it landed on top of another car that had just spun out and slid off. The people in the bottom car were all killed. The semi didn't even slow down. I don't know if he even knew what he had just done. People scare me out there. That was a night I won't forget. We got called because there were at least a dozen cars in the median. When we got there, I counted over 30. We just pulled them out and took them to the McDonald's parking lot if they didn't have money to pay us. As they paid, I gave them back their keys...sat in McDonald's with a receipt book. That was a long night.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I would like to get something that bright to go cave/bunker diving.
    I just used a small 100 lumens light last time.With a 40 lumens headlamp as a backup.
    It amazes me. I can light up my backyard completely with it. I can see down the street a few hundred feet pretty easily as well.

I bought a diffuser tip for it for when I go camping I can turn it into a lantern.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder what kind of battery life 930 gives you continuous use.

It usually not long with any light that have turbo modes.Usually just around 20 minutes with fresh batteries. :dunno:
    They are always advertised with the highest setting and the longest batterie life but it's misleading.

Like they will tell you "500 lumens, 5 hours run time".
    But it means one setting is 500 lumens (runtime like 20 minutes) and another setting is like 30 lumens with a 5 hours runtime.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I bought one of those knock off chinese flashlights awhile back, and I'm actually surprised by the quality and brightness for the price i paid

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    One of the $4 cree lights on Amazon? I want to try those.

Not one of those, although I do want to try one as well for that price. Might make a good "beater" if there is such a thing in a flashlight. I'll have to look up the exact brand. I paid around $20 for it and I remember looking for flashlights with similar specs and they were closer to $100. Need to buy a real battery for it though, didn't come included and it burns through AAs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom