Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Heh, I was even beyond the chiro's skillset. Had a pantload of epidural shots as well (try having a needle directly pierce your sciatic nerve, you will no longer fear anything this side of hell, and shall have earned my respect) but I just had to let it settle itself out. Some days I can walk just fine, some it seems I can barely gimp myself to the ibuprofen. It is a lot better than about 5 years ago, though.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Have you tried a chiropractor yet Sam. I had the same problem about 30 years ago. Had two surgeries on my neck and shoulder. No relief. Finally went to chiropractor and I'm fine.

Yes & No. I have had my Chiropractor work on my arm & shoulder. Both my regular MD and the Neurosurgeon have both told me NOT to let a Chiropractor anywhere near my neck issue. And my regular MD is a fan of Chiropractors...

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Heh, I was even beyond the chiro's skillset. Had a pantload of epidural shots as well (try having a needle directly pierce your sciatic nerve, you will no longer fear anything this side of hell, and shall have earned my respect) but I just had to let it settle itself out. Some days I can walk just fine, some it seems I can barely gimp myself to the ibuprofen. It is a lot better than about 5 years ago, though.
    From laying brick so long I developed a pinched nerve in my back that made my left arm and shoulder hurt and ache constantly. Had two surgeries and nothing. Was getting steroid shots in my shoulder every three months. Finely seen a chiropractor and within 2 weeks I was pain free. I go every 6 months now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes & No. I have had my Chiropractor work on my arm & shoulder. Both my regular MD and the Neurosurgeon have both told me NOT to let a Chiropractor anywhere near my neck issue. And my regular MD is a fan of Chiropractors...

Your issue is not something I would let my chiro deal with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From laying brick so long I developed a pinched nerve in my back that made my left arm and shoulder hurt and ache constantly. Had two surgeries and nothing. Was getting steroid shots in my shoulder every three months. Finely seen a chiropractor and within 2 weeks I was pain free. I go every 6 months now.

I am monthly. He calls me butter back.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I believe in them. My chiropractor was a nurse for years. So I trust him. But he has kept me up and running.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Your issue is not something I would let my chiro deal with.

Yeah, the timing on all this sucks.
    I am the only person that can handle this. The other sales people that are working for me right now are "order takers". I inherited them from a company that we bought. I am hiring 4 more "real" salespeople 2nd quarter this year, but that doesn't help me now.... I will be hiring these people, so I know I will be able to find some quality people.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I am monthly. He calls me butter back.
    Most bricklayers as they get older have neck and back problem. My shoulder will hurt every now and then. But over all I'm pretty lucky. My legs are my weakness. Hip replacement and knee replacement. Plus my right leg was crushed and they had to replace a lot of the bone. I'm a cyborg on my right side. I set off airport alarms. TSA hates me!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Most bricklayers as they get older have neck and back problem. My shoulder will hurt every now and then. But over all I'm pretty lucky. My legs are my weakness. Hip replacement and knee replacement. Plus my right leg was crushed and they had to replace a lot of the bone. I'm a cyborg on my right side. I set off airport alarms. TSA hates me!

Roofers are the same way. There is a couple of crews of Amish roofers I see at my Chiropractors pretty regularly.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Did that happen at the steel mill???

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Home safe and sound. There was a light glaze of ice on the roads. Just west of the IL/IN state line on I80 I saw about 8 police/fire/EMS vehicles. In the midst of it I saw a little black car, flipped and smashed beyond recognition. Praying for the driver, because I don't know how he/she could have gotten out of that alive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom