1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Damn, been there. That's a bummer 1911

I had to dig up the lid on the tank and on the cover of a junction box (old and new part of the house runs to it) that is in the side yard. It turned out to be plugged in the line between the box and the tank. I got it open. Had to clean the box out. Filled with grease and toilet paper. Not fun.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I am so glad I'm on a sewer, we had all kinds of issues with the septic tanks, one of our station boxes collapsed, the lady next door flushed a pantload of sodium hypochlorate bleach, that kinda stuff.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I have had a s**tty day. Seriously! My septic decided to back up. :xmad:
    Had that happen a few yrs back. About this time. Had to get a 55 gal drum, cut a 8" hole in it and set it over the clean out. Then ran a space heater for 48 hrs before it thawed out. Was a real pain in the arse, but it worked!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am so glad I'm on a sewer, we had all kinds of issues with the septic tanks, one of our station boxes collapsed, the lady next door flushed a pantload of sodium hypochlorate bleach, that kinda stuff.

I am careful about what goes in my main tank. The clothes washer is on a seperate system. That helps. I want to go on city but they want 20 grand to make the run. Even on the city this would have been an issue.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We were put on the city sewer back when we had the septic, no choice in the matter. The next house was on sewer when we moved in, and my house has always been on sewer.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I am careful about what goes in my main tank. The clothes washer is on a seperate system. That helps. I want to go on city but they want 20 grand to make the run. Even on the city this would have been an issue.
    I have a septic, and am in the process of buying another acre of ground next to me for the purpose of running a leach bed if ever needed.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We were put on the city sewer back when we had the septic, no choice in the matter. The next house was on sewer when we moved in, and my house has always been on sewer.

I am in the county so I can't be forced to go on it. But they can make it hard to fix or replace it. If they want to put me on it and pay for it I'd be fine with it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a septic, and am in the process of buying another acre of ground next to me for the purpose of running a leach bed if ever needed.

My FIL put in a 1000 gallon tank, two 500 gallon dry wells and one drain field. The only issue I ever have is at the f'ing junction box. It clogs about every 5 years. Grrrr

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Come up Keystone or even Allisonville instead of 31/Meridian. Go to 116th and you'll get to the heart of Fishers. If you come up Keystone then 116th, you'll pass almost within spitting distance of me. Not that I'd spit at you, unless you wanted me to, but you may hate me enough to hawk a loogie my way. Anyway, 31 is kind of a mess, and I refuse to devote any mindspace to keeping up with where it's open until it's done.

The route we have mapped out takes me down 31 to 38 and over to Little Chicago Road/Hazeldell Road to 116th and then east to her place. She is just east of 69 a little bit in a subdivision right off of 116th.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi CT2... I've been lurking and crocheting. Yesterday, I started a shawl/shrug thing to wear to the fancy dancy art show with my dress on Thursday. I am almost done. Not sure yet if I like it...if not, I may make another one of a different pattern.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom