Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hi Birds. Yep, it is. Jobs are scarce, especially for middle-aged folks. That's why I'm living the dream $11 at a time here at the hospital.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hi Birds. Yep, it is. Jobs are scarce, especially for middle-aged folks. That's why I'm living the dream $11 at a time here at the hospital.

There are more options in larger Urban areas. That is why the interstates are bumper to bumper inbound in the morning and outbound in the evening. Thousands of folks driving hour+ to get to and from work. Part of living in the way out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Like you say, that's better than what a lot of people are making...and you're helping people.

I would like to think I'm helping people, but as I hear nearly every day, I'm "just the secretary". I do try to show some compassion to the people that I speak with on the phone, but I miss the feeling of really helping like I felt when I was teaching. :(

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I would like to think I'm helping people, but as I hear nearly every day, I'm "just the secretary". I do try to show some compassion to the people that I speak with on the phone, but I miss the feeling of really helping like I felt when I was teaching. :(

Every single person in a hospital is vital to patient care. I don't care what doctors, nurses, pharmacists, patients, janitors, maintenance guys, or anyone else thinks. A hospital is a finely tuned machine, and when one gear isn't in place it can screw up the whole thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why anywhere I work, the HR department is gonna hate me :laugh:

That is why I tried to stay away from anything that had an "HR" dept. as I would most likely have ruined a few desks and made some HR "Dweeb" **** him/her self. **** those idiots.

I ended my career sub-contracting for service company's (HVAC) so I did not have to directly deal with the idiots in the office. Seldom would you run across an office idiot with any knowledge of the trade. No freaking idea what we did in the field. None.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom