Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At the rate things are going, I'll probably have to take over a Power of Attorney type thing soon. Before the stroke she was making some questionable decisions. Since then it's been horrible. She will do something in front of you now and 30 minutes from now argue with you that it never happened.

I get that from my wife everyday. She is slipping a bit.
    33 years of me has not helped either.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    At the rate things are going, I'll probably have to take over a Power of Attorney type thing soon. Before the stroke she was making some questionable decisions. Since then it's been horrible. She will do something in front of you now and 30 minutes from now argue with you that it never happened.

She is being discharged from the nursing home next Friday. Not because she is ready to come home. She is being discharged because her Medicare/Private Insurance days run out then and it's hit the road or pay $280 a day out of pocket. She lives on $2000 a month, she & we can't pay that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She is being discharged from the nursing home next Friday. Not because she is ready to come home. She is being discharged because her Medicare/Private Insurance days run out then and it's hit the road or pay $280 a day out of pocket. She lives on $2000 a month, she & we can't pay that.

Sounds like you need to step in. If you don't it will only go down hill.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just a suggestion.....can you open a 2nd account with a debit and let her run on that one. Keep it low on funds.
    I do this as well. All on line purchasing goes through that account. It is a bit to keep up on but if hacked......They get :poop:
    Here's what I did. I we to his bank, sat down with the manager and ask him why he thought that a 80 year old man would buy tickets to a Rock concert or buy a $500 PS3 game. When he couldn't come up with a good answer I told him this is what we're going to do. I'm going to open another account in mine and my dads name. If anything looks slightly strange for a old man to buy, you will call me. If you don't, then we'll go to your boss and you can explain why you think a 80 year old man needs to go get his nails done for $120! Problem has been solved.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The pile up is only 2 blocks from my house up there. I hope none of our nieghbors got caught up in it. That road is Dangerous!!!

It looks awful.

Will she be staying with you when she is discharged?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's what I did. I we to his bank, sat down with the manager and ask him why he thought that a 80 year old man would buy tickets to a Rock concert or buy a $500 PS3 game. When he couldn't come up with a good answer I told him this is what we're going to do. I'm going to open another account in mine and my dads name. If anything looks slightly strange for a old man to buy, you will call me. If you don't, then we'll go to your boss and you can explain why you think a 80 year old man needs to go get his nails done for $120! Problem has been solved.

Good solution. I still wonder about those sticks though.....:)

I am sure dad would know so stay on course.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My brother knows the only reason he's not drooling when he eats is because of dad. For my brothers sake, that old man better out live me!

I was thinking the same thing actually. My brother was in line for a serious set of tune ups when my dad passed. Thing is, he beat dad into the ground. Damn it.

A set is so much fun. Do a good tune up. Let the process (healing) take place. Re-tune......same process, repeat.

But I digress.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I was thinking the same thing actually. My brother was in line for a serious set of tune ups when my dad passed. Thing is, he beat dad into the ground. Damn it.

A set is so much fun. Do a good tune up. Let the process (healing) take place. Re-tune......same process, repeat.

But I digress.
    My dad had 5 sons. He buried two of them. I understand he wants to take care of his youngest. But damn, his youngest is 37 now!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom