• Status
    Not open for further replies.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Or it might be the prep/cooking/storing conditions. The sickest I ever got was at a flea market where this Mexican lady used to sell tacos and meat pies. She made them in the morning and stored them in a styrofoam cooler all day. :puke:

I use to eat the street vender tacos and tamales in Juarez, don't know what was in them but they were spicy and good...never an issue with the tummy

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Late good morning. Been on facebook and doing stuff around the house. My son is pissed cause someone stole his hand sculpture. He went to school to do his last final today and pick up his projects and the hand is missing. He spent a lot of time making it and it was awesome. People suck.

He has a pretty good attitude about it though and says he will just make another one. He was going to hang it on the wall and use it to hang his car keys and stuff on.

Other than that...gloomy outside, but a good day so far.

Daughter is at work and will be back this evening. I told her we are going out so if she wants to go with us for dinner, not to be too late getting back. She plans to talk to the bf and tell him to stop bugging her and give her the space he promised he would give her. Yesterday, he was texting her saying he thinks they should take the relationship to the "next level". I asked her if she is not happy at this level, why she would even want to think about doing that. She agreed and said she told him to stop smothering her. She is going to go to the post office today to get her mail forwarded here. She is staying focused...I like it very much!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Late good morning. Been on facebook and doing stuff around the house. My son is pissed cause someone stole his hand sculpture. He went to school to do his last final today and pick up his projects and the hand is missing. He spent a lot of time making it and it was awesome. People suck.

He has a pretty good attitude about it though and says he will just make another one. He was going to hang it on the wall and use it to hang his car keys and stuff on.

Other than that...gloomy outside, but a good day so far.

Daughter is at work and will be back this evening. I told her we are going out so if she wants to go with us for dinner, not to be too late getting back. She plans to talk to the bf and tell him to stop bugging her and give her the space he promised he would give her. Yesterday, he was texting her saying he thinks they should take the relationship to the "next level". I asked her if she is not happy at this level, why she would even want to think about doing that. She agreed and said she told him to stop smothering her. She is going to go to the post office today to get her mail forwarded here. She is staying focused...I like it very much!

Typical control freak actions. I am willing to give everything to you offers. Bravo Sierra. If he offered space and is upping the pressure he is panicking. Keep them separated. He will start showing up at her work next.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Typical control freak actions. I am willing to give everything to you offers. Bravo Sierra. If he offered space and is upping the pressure he is panicking. Keep them separated. He will start showing up at her work next.

He already did the first day after she came here. Her manager is aware they are splitting and I told her to tell them to call the cops if he won't leave. If that happens, we will have a police report and can file for a restraining order and I told her I would help her with it. I had to get one against my ex-husband's parents after his dad made threats to me so I know how to do it. He is definitely freaking. He has tried all kinds of stuff and I am glad to see she is staying strong. I keep supporting her in not responding to his games and cries for attention and she is handling this better than I expected.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    hang in there with her Mom...support and caring means everything, and see if she can change her cell phone number

She has been ignoring his texts...reading them but not responding. We did discuss that changing the number may become necessary, but she said she can just delete and seems to be okay with that so far. The more stuff she brings here, the more it solidifies her decision in her mind. I am not pushing, just supporting. It is good that she is busy with working two jobs. The only day she has off this week is Christmas. Tomorrow and Sunday she works from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. both days between the two places so that will keep her busy and her mind off of what is going on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He already did the first day after she came here. Her manager is aware they are splitting and I told her to tell them to call the cops if he won't leave. If that happens, we will have a police report and can file for a restraining order and I told her I would help her with it. I had to get one against my ex-husband's parents after his dad made threats to me so I know how to do it. He is definitely freaking. He has tried all kinds of stuff and I am glad to see she is staying strong. I keep supporting her in not responding to his games and cries for attention and she is handling this better than I expected.

It is a standard play book. He will stalk/pursue and bug her until this blows up. Nothing will change.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She has been ignoring his texts...reading them but not responding. We did discuss that changing the number may become necessary, but she said she can just delete and seems to be okay with that so far. The more stuff she brings here, the more it solidifies her decision in her mind. I am not pushing, just supporting. It is good that she is busy with working two jobs. The only day she has off this week is Christmas. Tomorrow and Sunday she works from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. both days between the two places so that will keep her busy and her mind off of what is going on.

Keep the texts. Record of his stalking and pestering her. Do not respond but keep his.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Keep the texts. Record of his stalking and pestering her. Do not respond but keep his.

Good idea. I will suggest to her that she may not want to delete those in case we need them later. She has been reading the stuff I printed for her so that is helping too. He keeps telling her how he will change, and I keep pointing out other people in our lives who have tried to change and have failed. She seems to understand that any "change" would be very short lived.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good idea. I will suggest to her that she may not want to delete those in case we need them later. She has been reading the stuff I printed for her so that is helping too. He keeps telling her how he will change, and I keep pointing out other people in our lives who have tried to change and have failed. She seems to understand that any "change" would be very short lived.

Just remind her how many times he has promised that already.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sorry you have to go through this, Mom. But, you are a great mom. :yesway:

Just remind her how many times he has promised that already.

Thanks BA...I'm trying. It is not easy to say what I really want to. I have probably made a few comments that should have been kept in my head, but she seems to be okay with it so far.

I have...CM. Believe me, I have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom