mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, my daughter is here. We have been talking for the last few hours and I do believe she is staying here for a while. I shared some stuff I had found online and printed out for her about the early signs of emotional abuse/controlling relationships, etc. She did a lot of nodding as she read down the list.

I told her I am not going to tell her what to do, but that I really want her to focus on where she sees this relationship in a few years if she goes back to it and whether or not she can see herself being happy in it. I am pretty sure she sees it being over. I told her if that is the direction she is thinking it is going, she really needs to make a clean break as he has told her she should stay there at least part time. I told her it is not fair to either of them to have false hope that it could work if she really does not see that happening, and she seems to agree. He was laying a guilt trip on her tonight. He was supposed to work tonight, but said he took the night off because he was so sick over this. He also told her he missed a fire call (he is a volunteer fireman) because he did not want to miss seeing her when she came by for her overnight bag after work. I told her when she goes tomorrow after work, that she should pick up anything of hers that is important to her or she values in case he gets mad if she does not stay there on Friday as he thinks she is going to. She agreed that was a good idea. She seems to understand that he is putting a guilt trip on her by telling her how sick he is over this, etc.

I told her again she is free to stay here as long as she needs to and her room is there for her. I just want her to be safe and happy. She also shared that he has been talking to some girl and she found messages on his phone that would indicate that there was flirting and some "other stuff" going on. She did not elaborate and I did not ask for more info.

I am just glad she is here.

I have to get some sleep now. Have a good night everyone! I'll talk to you all later.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, my daughter is here. We have been talking for the last few hours and I do believe she is staying here for a while. I shared some stuff I had found online and printed out for her about the early signs of emotional abuse/controlling relationships, etc. She did a lot of nodding as she read down the list.

I told her I am not going to tell her what to do, but that I really want her to focus on where she sees this relationship in a few years if she goes back to it and whether or not she can see herself being happy in it. I am pretty sure she sees it being over. I told her if that is the direction she is thinking it is going, she really needs to make a clean break as he has told her she should stay there at least part time. I told her it is not fair to either of them to have false hope that it could work if she really does not see that happening, and she seems to agree. He was laying a guilt trip on her tonight. He was supposed to work tonight, but said he took the night off because he was so sick over this. He also told her he missed a fire call (he is a volunteer fireman) because he did not want to miss seeing her when she came by for her overnight bag after work. I told her when she goes tomorrow after work, that she should pick up anything of hers that is important to her or she values in case he gets mad if she does not stay there on Friday as he thinks she is going to. She agreed that was a good idea. She seems to understand that he is putting a guilt trip on her by telling her how sick he is over this, etc.

I told her again she is free to stay here as long as she needs to and her room is there for her. I just want her to be safe and happy. She also shared that he has been talking to some girl and she found messages on his phone that would indicate that there was flirting and some "other stuff" going on. She did not elaborate and I did not ask for more info.

I have to get some sleep now. Have a good night everyone! I'll talk to you all later.

She's glad her mom is here for her I bet. :yesway:

I gotta go too. :faint:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I'm glad things are moving in a positive direction. Hugs to both of you. Night Mom.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I wish her the best of luck mom. It's great that she has an awesome family to stand behind her!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom