Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, not really. I think she has come to the realization that she may never be going home to her apartment and depression is starting to set in??

That happened with my dad as well. He looked at my sis one day and asked her if he was ever going tom drive again......her answer did not make him smile.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    That happened with my dad as well. He looked at my sis one day and asked her if he was ever going tom drive again......her answer did not make him smile.

That is an independence that is very hard to give up. Really hard to take it away from them, but for the safety of them and others. Had to do it with my grandfather. Toward the end I was the one driving him around in his car on weekends.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is an independence that is very hard to give up. Really hard to take it away from them, but for the safety of them and others. Had to do it with my grandfather. Toward the end I was the one driving him around in his car on weekends.

Yeah, I had to go and literally "Take" my G-dads vehicles. He was more hard headed than my dad. He kept running into things. His insurance was canceled and they pulled his license. He kept driving. When he blasted the garage we eliminated the problem. He wanted to fight to keep his cars. He was going to kill someone.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

We went through a similar problem with my in-laws. She couldn't remember where she was going or how to get there and he couldn't see well enough. I had to disable their car and eventually get rid of it. Sometimes she still wants to know where her car is.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I actually fell asleep at the keyboard last night at around 8:00 p.m. reading this thread. The Mrs. woke me up at about 9:45 and said "why don't you just go to bed". Didn't get up until 9:05 this a.m.

And YES to stiff and sore....but "it's a good sore Sarge!" What a great time yesterday! WOW, did we sound like a 5 - 6 hour long firefight or what! TT you really made my day by bringing the grenade launcher!!!!

To all of my now fellow Lurkers (CM I now know that resistance is futile as I have been assimilated) 'Thank You' falls pitifully short of how I feel right now. Yesterday was literally a blast and will with me forever!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom