• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I like the P-tex. It is a moly based liquid. I put it in a syringe so it is easy to apply. The slides on the 1911's are smooth as silk.

I ran across an old timer that was a pro with one of my automatics and he had a formula. wd40, moly and a 10 weight. I went digging at an oil distributor and he told me you don't want to wd with oil. So he came up with a good mix with a molly blend. I told him to double the moly and got a gallon of the stuff. Sure lasts a long time. Heck they went out of business years ago. Still have most of the gallon!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ran across an old timer that was a pro with one of my automatics and he had a formula. wd40, moly and a 10 weight. I went digging at an oil distributor and he told me you don't want to wd with oil. So he came up with a good mix with a molly blend. I told him to double the moly and got a gallon of the stuff. Sure lasts a long time. Heck they went out of business years ago. Still have most of the gallon!!!

Wd-40 is not a lubricant and should not be used as such.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That link sent me to [pop up land.......:nailbite:

Their site always has too many pop ups. I have been tempted to email them to tell them how annoying it is but figured they wouldn't really care what I had to say. :laugh:

Maybe this is a better way to share the story. I could just picture the people driving down 37 and seeing the signs saying "slow the **** down" and "Merry ****ing New Year". LOL

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Motorists traveling along a southern Indiana highway got a rude greeting from electronic road signs flashing obscene messages.
    Sgt. Curt Durnil with Indiana State Police tells The Herald-Times (Electronic road signs flash harsh message - HeraldTimesOnline: Local News ) the nasty wording on two message boards along Indiana 37 in the Bloomington and Martinsville areas was "unbelievable."
    One of the signs flashed a message with a profanity instructing motorists to slow down, while the other urged them to have "Merry" New Year with a version of the same expletive added for emphasis.
    Indiana Department of Transportation spokesman Harry Maginity says the state agency isn't sure how the electronic signs were tampered with to produce the obscene messages.
    He says INDOT is working with a state subcontractor to find all of the signs flashing the messages and "rectify" the problem.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Wd-40 is not a lubricant and should not be used as such.

That is what the distributor said... They guy using it was using it to cut the thick oil. Might have been more to the mix (it has been years) but I skipped the WD-40 entirely.

I use WD once in a while. Mostly for loosening bolts. Most of the time at that point it is easier to fire up the torch and heat them up. Actually what I use it the most on is lubing tires to mount them on the rims. I probably use a can every couple years.

BTW you know the stuff freezes??? When it gets pretty cold it will freeze in the can on the shelf in the garage.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    That is what the distributor said... They guy using it was using it to cut the thick oil. Might have been more to the mix (it has been years) but I skipped the WD-40 entirely.

I use WD once in a while. Mostly for loosening bolts. Most of the time at that point it is easier to fire up the torch and heat them up. Actually what I use it the most on is lubing tires to mount them on the rims. I probably use a can every couple years.

BTW you know the stuff freezes??? When it gets pretty cold it will freeze in the can on the shelf in the garage.

Ok, so he was using it as an evaporative solvent. That makes sense.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey gman!

visited with my father today. He's not doing good at all. Almost died the other day and today I was very surprised how fast he's faded. I don't think it's gonna be long sadly. Trying to get things said and visit before that's no longer an option. The last couple years we reconnected after no relationship for many years

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom