• Status
    Not open for further replies.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Whoa slow down there boy, averaging 29 posts a day makes it look like you're trying real hard to hit the classifieds. Slow down and enjoy you time, but don't pw in this thread until you've hit a legit 50 posts.

Ya, not interested in the classifieds right now. My job is staring at a pc all day, so Ill be on here a lot shooting the breeze.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Low and slow on the ribs!! about 200 to 250 for about 4 hours and you can turn it up at the end when your putting on the sauce!!:D

Plan on 225-230, think I'm going to wrap them in foil for about the first 1 1/2 hours to lock in moisture and set the rub, them I'm gonna break open the foil and start glazing them with the BBQ. for the next 2 1/2 hours every 20 to 30 minutes.

Talked to about 10 people today at work and sort came up with this hybrid style. Hope it works because I can taste them now.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Plan on 225-230, think I'm going to wrap them in foil for about the first 1 1/2 hours to lock in moisture and set the rub, them I'm gonna break open the foil and start glazing them with the BBQ. for the next 2 1/2 hours every 20 to 30 minutes.

Talked to about 10 people today at work and sort came up with this hybrid style. Hope it works because I can taste them now.

Weber makes my fav bbq rub. I sit it at 230 for about 3.5 hours then onto the grill for about 20 minutes. Good stuff. Gotta have it in an inch of water though in the pan.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington

Here's a thread that might help.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/93096-bbq_sauce_-_recipes_and_prefs.html

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You guys ever boil your ribs in beer first?

Nope, but I have let my steaks marinate in Jack Daniels and sometimes Hennessy over night before I cook them the next day. Most of the alcohol gets cooked out on the grill, but it leaves a REALLY good flavor.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man I can not wait till Sunday for ribs. Wish the wife was not having her b-day party at the in-laws tomorrow night, or I'd do them tomorrow.

Oh well guess since she does not like ribs, it'll be me at the grill sitting in the chair listening to the race while they are finishing up. My goal is to have them done by lap 100 so I can enjoy the race while eating.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    The Road is the most depressing movie I've ever watched.

I'm only half-way through it and I want to kill myself.

Next time, you need to give us a heads-up so we can come "secure" your guns. Just don't wanna take any chances having guns around when you're feeling suicidal, ya know. Nothing at all to do with the fact that you have sweet guns and we wants them, we wants the precious-es.

Stopped by Gander Mountain in Greenwood tonight on the way home spent a hour in there in amazement on just how darn expensive they are.:n00b:

I bet 95% of the items I looked at could be found for 10-25% cheaper at other retail stores. Just how do they stay in business?

So after I walked out of there in a daze, I drove by and got the SUV a wash and oil change, went to Famous Dave's and got some rib rub and picked up 10.4 pounds of St.Louis Ribs @ Gordon Food Service (5 racks for 30.06).

Gonna fire up the grill Sunday for my first attempt at cook'n up some bones, I hope I can do them better than I can cook a steak, because I'm down right horrible at cooing a steak on a grill. Now Burgers and Dogs, bring'm on.

I figure if I ruin 2 racks experimenting I still got 3 left and to buy 3 racks at FD's will cost me $69.00 so I'd still be way ahead.

Well, there's your problem right there!

No, I keep *them* from killing you.
    I'm a nurse. :D

:laugh: Tried to rep ya for this, but I gotta spread 'em first.

Ya know, y'all seem to be havi'n way to much fun on this here thread!! :):

Is that legal? :@ya:

We had to stop by Fenway's house and buy him some beer and bacon first, but he did issue us all a license to prostitute posts on this here street corner.

Well let me get them cooked first, I hope I can do it right since I've ruined almost every steak I've tried to cook on the grill. :xmad:

Oooohhhhhh, okay. Just as long as you're not standing there saying "Cooo! Cooo!" at them all day. ;)

I'm not used to this getting up early stuff... :coffee:
    But I'm glad to be working again!

Congrats on being employed! Try not to let it cut too deep into your INGO time, though, eh, brother? ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom