• Status
    Not open for further replies.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It is a nice day....I enjoyed it by standing in knee deep mud with a shovel, digging the mud and silt out from around the water pumps. :woot:
    Think of it as a character building exercise.
    Some day you'll be able to tell your grandkids about how rough you had it as a young man. ;)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I be needing me some of that Obama money... wonder if I could get one of them there study grants.

I will study if having more guns would actually increase my level of happiness... I think a couple million should be satisfactory as I will need additional accessories (couple of safes, optics, fancy targets, etc.). I am willing to bet that my level of happiness would be affected.
    If you can tie that in with [strike]Global[/strike], Gorebal Warming you'd be a shoe in for a Government grant. :rockwoot:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Think of it as a character building exercise.
    Some day you'll be able to tell your grandkids about how rough you had it as a young man. ;)

You know it's funny. I have never really gotten into those stories that much yet. Just a couple times. When the kids were little they would say they were bored and I told them I would have never said that to my old man because he would have found some real work that needed to be done.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Going with an ankle holster? I have always wanted on of them but not sure if it would bug me or not.

I thought about an ankle holster, not sure if it will work for me, gonna carry it in my pocket at first, maybe get a Raven at the 1500:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you can tie that in with [strike]Global[/strike], Gorebal Warming you'd be a shoe in for a Government grant. :rockwoot:

Hey... you may have something there (you old guys can be pretty sharp early in the day). The effect of firing guns on the growth of surrounding vegetation... I may have to buy some land for this... maybe another million or two.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Hey... you may have something there (you old guys can be pretty sharp early in the day). The effect of firing guns on the growth of surrounding vegetation... I may have to buy some land for this... maybe another million or two.

Early in the day? :dunno:

do you work 3rd or something?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You know it's funny. I have never really gotten into those stories that much yet. Just a couple times. When the kids were little they would say they were bored and I told them I would have never said that to my old man because he would have found some real work that needed to be done.
    We never had time to get bored.
    In the Spring, Summer, and Fall there was baseball, basketball, football, squirt gun fights, lawn games, (Badminton, Croquet,) and general tomfoolery.
    In the Winter there was snowball fights, Hockey on the frozen streets, and Schoolwork.
    All of three TV channels, IF the antenna would pick them all up. Which it never did!
    Hey!
    I sound like a Monty Python skit!!! :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

You apparently aren't sensitive to the old guy schedule. They get up early, take an afternoon nap (my Dad would even work a mid morning nap in sometimes) and then to bed about 9 PM. So this would be fairly early during the waking period between afternoon nap and bedtime.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You apparently aren't sensitive to the old guy schedule. They get up early, take an afternoon nap (my Dad would even work a mid morning nap in sometimes) and then to bed about 9 PM. So this would be fairly early during the waking period between afternoon nap and bedtime.

Ah, got it!

I wouldn't call it morning after I wake up from a nap though. :dunno:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yup!
    Ten or eleven hours sleep does wonders for you. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I worked second and third for so many years on the PD that I still stay up late and get up around Noon. :n00b:

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-xLn2bOCU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - You Want Candy? You Want A Grenade? - Iraq[/ame]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom