• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    IMPD has a pretty cool thing now... just got a call about a child missing, she disappeared from the park up the road this afternoon..
    We'd gotten a call like this once before on an elderly male missing.
    Computer message with all the details and where to look up the info and who to call if you find the person. Of course if I was asleep at 10:30 at night like normal I might not of been very happy

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    IMPD has a pretty cool thing now... just got a call about a child missing, she disappeared from the park up the road this afternoon..
    We'd gotten a call like this once before on an elderly male missing.
    Computer message with all the details and where to look up the info and who to call if you find the person. Of course if I was asleep at 10:30 at night like normal I might not of been very happy

We have been using that "reverse 911" or "code red" system for a little bit up by me now. I love it for work and HATE it in Crown Point. We get calls here for things like garbage day being a day late or a predicted heavy snow, totally not what it was intended for :laugh:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    We have been using that "reverse 911" or "code red" system for a little bit up by me now. I love it for work and HATE it in Crown Point. We get calls here for things like garbage day being a day late or a predicted heavy snow, totally not what it was intended for :laugh:
    yeah we haven't gotten calls like that. Like I said only 2 that I know of and both were missing persons..
    problem is the girl came up missing at 4 this afternoon.. it was 10:30 when they called. :dunno:
    And of course now I can't let my son go to the park with his friends until I know if she is a run away or abducted.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    yeah we haven't gotten calls like that. Like I said only 2 that I know of and both were missing persons..
    problem is the girl came up missing at 4 this afternoon.. it was 10:30 when they called. :dunno:
    And of course now I can't let my son go to the park with his friends until I know if she is a run away or abducted.

Yeah, depending on what your phone number is and in what order it was put into the system, it can take a little while to get the word out. That's why the "Amber Alert" system is so awesome, just sucks that its so hard to get one put out.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah, depending on what your phone number is and in what order it was put into the system, it can take a little while to get the word out. That's why the "Amber Alert" system is so awesome, just sucks that its so hard to get one put out.
    looked at the website the gave to see the alert.. it isn't on there.. checked for an amber alert, not there either. Nothing on any of the news websites.. so how does this help actually?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom