Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I think winter finally landed, although temps seem pretty mild. And don't worry, we'll have way less snowfall this year for the simple reason that I finally broke down and bought a snowblower. Which means it'll not be needed for a few years :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sheesh!! This day keeps delivering. We lost power. Came back on, finally got signed back in to everything at work and power went out again. Hope it stays on now. :n00b:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Finally done with all my file maintenance. :faint: Thankfully everyone else left me alone while I got it done.

I remember in Jr High I got a temp job with 0 computer experience... and my task was to feed 3.5" floppy disks to the computer and number them as they filled up for a system backup... I don't know if I did it right but I remember it took several hundred floppy disks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember in Jr High I got a temp job with 0 computer experience... and my task was to feed 3.5" floppy disks to the computer and number them as they filled up for a system backup... I don't know if I did it right but I remember it took several hundred floppy disks.
    We're getting ready for our next quarterly software release testing, so I had to delete a bunch of old files (about 10K) and empty some existing files. It is mind numbingly tedious and takes the better part of a day to do it all.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    We're getting ready for our next quarterly software release testing, so I had to delete a bunch of old files (about 10K) and empty some existing files. It is mind numbingly tedious and takes the better part of a day to do it all.

I used to enjoy writing html by hand. Tens of thousands of lines.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd just like to know why my Android phone has 30gb of data on it with only 2-3 pictures and 10 apps <200mb each installed.
    I don't know if phones accumulate "crap" files like computers do (browser cache, etc.) or not. Have you tried turning it off and back on again? Or is there something in the settings that let you see how much data you're using and what's using it?

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I don't know if phones accumulate "crap" files like computers do (browser cache, etc.) or not. Have you tried turning it off and back on again? Or is there something in the settings that let you see how much data you're using and what's using it?

Yes, I've done all the obvious - moving all media files to SD card and removing all unused apps, rebooting, etc. It only seems to fill back up over a couple days and I don't even use it that much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom