mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So my daughter didn't feel great the weekend of the 8th and 9th. She said she was really tired and was having some hot flashes/chills. She slept most of the weekend. Napped with Cole a lot and rested while his dad watched him. She had her OB appt on the 11th and I told her to mention it to the doctor since she had failed her glucose test and I wasn't sure of the symptoms for gestational diabetes. Dr. gave her a covid test. She was at the hospital lab yesterday morning getting ready to do the 4 hour glucose test to recheck things, and the dr called and told her she had tested positive. With the new CDC guidelines, her 5 day quarantine is over.

The pediatrician said it was okay for her to bring Cole to his already twice rescheduled 2 year checkup today. Work told her she has to be off until Friday as their policy is the 10 day quarantine from the test date.

She called me hysterical on the phone because the OB doc pretty much yelled at her for not being vaccinated. I pointed out to her that her symptoms were so severe that she didn't even know she had it....if you are going to have covid, that seems like the way to go. I would prefer that over the potential side effects for the baby from the vaccine for sure.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sorry to hear that your daughter is going through all that mom! Hopefully things settle down soon and she'll have no further issues.
    I want to meet that doctor and slug her in the face. LOL

I told my daughter we should introduce her to my two nieces that are so freaked out about this virus.

Between that and the freezing rain all day yesterday, it was somewhat stressful. Every patient that came in was talking about how they nearly wrecked and all of the cars/trucks they saw in the ditches, flipped over, spinning out, etc. I was really not thrilled about driving home in that but made it without any issues. I took the back roads with less traffic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom