Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seeing some impressive lightning to the south. I love watching storms. Have since I was a little kid apparently. My mom always tells the story of when our cherry tree out back was struck by lightning. Apparently I was standing on the couch in front of the picture window watching the storm and Mom said, "Wouldn't it be something if lightning struck that tree out there?"

Right then, the tree was struck by lightning, I kid you not. I do remember that part. Mom says that after seeing that, I said, "Do it again Mommy!" :):

Many years later, when I was in college (GMI) and working at Allison's as part of a co-op program and living at home whenever I was working, Mom and Dad were in Florida, so I had the house to myself. Had a party (of course) and there was a really bad storm. As luck would have it, lightning struck that tree and took the rest of it down.

I've always been respectful of my mom, but if I knew she had that kind of power when I was growing up, I mighta turned out different! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom