The official Status Update thread #209....So this is spring...???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    not sure why she needs occupational therapy...
    The visiting nurse said to let them all come out and then if we decide we don't need or want that, send them on their way.
    Amy isnt very happy with strange people coming in. last time she wouldnt get out of bed for the guy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    CKW's new deck chairs and table arrived yesterday. She will be anxious to get them assembled regardless of the weather. The mouse is tough...…:n00b:

It's starting to warm up a little now. It was just that post-dawn temp drop. Had to hold my hands up by the heater a few times. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did you get the well pump fixed...???
    Yeah. They put in a new tank, new switch, rearranged some plumbing and put a new well cap on. They said I still have a small leak down in the well, but the pump was stuck and they didn't want to force it. If they broke something, they'd have to dig it up - through the patio. They put a check valve in at the tank, so that stops the pump from kicking on all the time from water back-draining into the well. Water pressure improved a LOT. They said the only thing I might notice with that check valve setup might be an occasional "burp" but I haven't seen it yet. New tank is fiberglass, so no more corrosion worries. The old one was a rusty mess.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When we had pump/tank problems on our well, we couldnt get any one to work on it. They all just said we needed to hook on to city water...thank heavens the FiL was one of those old guys that could fix about anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah. They put in a new tank, new switch, rearranged some plumbing and put a new well cap on. They said I still have a small leak down in the well, but the pump was stuck and they didn't want to force it. If they broke something, they'd have to dig it up - through the patio. They put a check valve in at the tank, so that stops the pump from kicking on all the time from water back-draining into the well. Water pressure improved a LOT. They said the only thing I might notice with that check valve setup might be an occasional "burp" but I haven't seen it yet. New tank is fiberglass, so no more corrosion worries. The old one was a rusty mess.

Last summer I did all of that to a friends set up. He lives out in Lizton. We re-piped from the well head to the house supply line. Made a huge diff. We also added a decent filter after the softener. I can do all of that work I just do not have a stocked service truck for it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I hope I never have to hook up to city water. I don't like feeling like I'm drinking out of a swimming pool. Love my well water.

I use a countertop bacteriostatic filter on the kitchen faucet. Takes the chlorine out pretty well. I bought a bunch of NSA brand units at a good price several years ago. I just change to a new unit once a year.

This is the one I use.

https://www.ebay.com/i/333561779113?chn=ps

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I use a countertop bacteriostatic filter on the kitchen faucet. Takes the chlorine out pretty well. I bought a bunch of NSA brand units at a good price several years ago. I just change to a new unit once a year.

This is the one I use.

https://www.ebay.com/i/333561779113?chn=ps

I'd definitely have to do something like that if they ever force me into hooking up. As of right now we don't even have it in my neighborhood, but I figure it won't be too long after the sewers go in until they want to run that. Gotta suck every $$ out of us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom