Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I learned that the hard way in Virginia. Put up a six foot privacy fence myself. Later, after a few storms and several times out in the rain looking for the dogs I got mo' smarter.

Nails are OK but I found permanence using screws. Everything I have put together with them is still in good working order. I use nails on trim and such but any heavy work gets "Screwed"

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Nails are OK but I found permanence using screws. Everything I have put together with them is still in good working order. I use nails on trim and such but any heavy work gets "Screwed"
    I did screws on my cross braces, I like nails on the fence pickets because it's easier to replace broken pickets. I've done them in screws before and the screws tend to seize and snap the heads after they've set some years.

Take er easy!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I built a deck chair while I was in Virginia. I used pegs. Not one piece of metal in the entire chair. I thought it was kinda cool. Now it sits in my garage because it has loosened up too much to be stable. One of these weekends I am going to get it out, tighten it up and throw a coat of paint on it. I always liked that chair.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Today is my first day back at work after dealing with wedding stuff for the past several days. It actually feels like a relief.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I have a few good stories I want to tell but right now my lunch break is over. It's back to work for me. I should be back this evening though.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There was crying, yelling, stressing, cheering, heads exploding, stuff on fire,...all the stuff any good wedding needs.

As long as the lovely bride is now a Mrs. and is happy that is all that matters!

I was going to say "great minds" and all that but, considering its you and I it is unlikely the folks on here would buy it. ;)

Yeah, nobody would believe we have "great minds"

I have a few good stories I want to tell but right now my lunch break is over. It's back to work for me. I should be back this evening though.

I want to hear about the stuff on fire!! Hopefully I'll be around for story time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom