Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    lol, I am very familiar with the area. I think I know which houses you are talking about even. My brother and I stopped a few years back to look at a car or truck for sale there, can't even remember what it was.

We have sold more than a few in the yard for ourselves and friends.

Honk when you roll by....:)

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    We have sold more than a few in the yard for ourselves and friends.

Honk when you roll by....:)

I'm supposed to head that way around noon. I hope the rain holds off.

Last time I went out it showed all the tale-tell signs of an electrical surge. Has the fused throw disconnect, the fuse and contacts inside were melted, the capacitor was blown apart and compressor wires melted together. I almost wanted to say lightening, but the windings were good and no other electronics affected.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm supposed to head that way around noon. I hope the rain holds off.

Last time I went out it showed all the tale-tell signs of an electrical surge. Has the fused throw disconnect, the fuse and contacts inside were melted, the capacitor was blown apart and compressor wires melted together. I almost wanted to say lightening, but the windings were good and no other electronics affected.

How old is it????

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Me too. I have so much to get done around here this summer that my funds need to go there and not the safe. I am seriously considering letting a few find new homes in a week or so. There are a few I bought/built for a purpose and things have changed.

I've really been wanting a 500 yard toy, as you know. But the last couple of days I've really been having a hard think about it. The only place I can shoot 500 or more yards is up in Michigan, and I haven't gotten up there in the last 3 years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've really been wanting a 500 yard toy, as you know. But the last couple of days I've really been having a hard think about it. The only place I can shoot 500 or more yards is up in Michigan, and I haven't gotten up there in the last 3 years.

I bought my Varmint platform AR to use in Michigan and west Indiana for Coyote and varmint. Nice freaking gun....very nice. Tack driver on a bad day. Just no time or energy to go out and pursue this.I am going to shoot it on Fathers day and most likely post it up next week.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    You would think internals would trip and save all of the incoming power gear. Interesting.
    Exactly. The throw disconnect had a 30amp fuse and the inside breaker is 30amp. Even pulled the breaker, it looks clean but I swapped with a spare just for good measure. Now the new problem could be something completely unrelated. Haven't trouble-shoot it yet, but that previous incident has been sitting festering in my mind.

I even thought maybe the compressor seized or wearing out, but it fired right up and purred like a kitten even without a hard-start.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly. The throw disconnect had a 30amp fuse and the inside breaker is 30amp. Even pulled the breaker, it looks clean but I swapped with a spare just for good measure. Now the new problem could be something completely unrelated. Haven't trouble-shoot it yet, but that previous incident has been sitting festering in my mind.

I even thought maybe the compressor seized or wearing out, but it fired right up and purred like a kitten even without a hard-start.

It may have died. We had a lot of lightning recently.
    You will figure it out.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    It may have died. We had a lot of lightning recently.
    You will figure it out.
    Usually on things like that I replace it and roll on. But, being a friend of my wife, not really being in a position to buy a new unit, it stays in my head. I'm sure you know how it is, trying to breathe life into units to get a few more seasons for friends and family.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning guys! I logged in and my first unread post in this thread was on page 47...I see you all are on page 71 so I just skipped reading all of that! LOL! You have been busy in the last 24 hours or so.

I never even made it on here yesterday. Went fishing in the morning. It was a nice day but we didn't bring anything home. Only had three keepers in the basket and that wasn't worth cleaning so we released them. Came home and cleaned part of the strawberries. I made 15 pints of strawberry jam and still have at least 20 pounds to clean and put in the freezer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Usually on things like that I replace it and roll on. But, being a friend of my wife, not really being in a position to buy a new unit, it stays in my head. I'm sure you know how it is, trying to breathe life into units to get a few more seasons for friends and family.

Yeah, I of a lot of that around here. Lady 2 streets back was a dear friend as I went to school with her kids. She had an old 8 seer unit from Bryant. I kept it running for her on my own nickel. The whole system just died. I and her kids pooled our resources and put in a new system for her. We did it all out of pocket as she was fixed income. That was maybe 5 years ago. She cried when I switched it on.
    She passed last winter. I think one of her grandkids bought the house.

Yeah, we do a lot of that around here.

If you need something let me know. I am close.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good morning guys! I logged in and my first unread post in this thread was on page 47...I see you all are on page 71 so I just skipped reading all of that! LOL! You have been busy in the last 24 hours or so.

I never even made it on here yesterday. Went fishing in the morning. It was a nice day but we didn't bring anything home. Only had three keepers in the basket and that wasn't worth cleaning so we released them. Came home and cleaned part of the strawberries. I made 15 pints of strawberry jam and still have at least 20 pounds to clean and put in the freezer.

Sounds like a perfect day to me. I was on here very little yesterday. Just stupid busy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom