Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What's wrong with it? An Esse 5 (no serrations) will be my next knife purchase. I already have a Junglass and a few others. They are some of the best values in blades IMHO. :yesway:
    I just see places I goofed. I can do better. I just went too fast. Thanks!
    yes I love the esees! I also have a junglas and a couple others. Junglas is my favorite

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I just see places I goofed. I can do better. I just went too fast. Thanks!
    yes I love the esees! I also have a junglas and a couple others. Junglas is my favorite

It has great character but I can see the imperfections in your file-work. I assume that's what you're talking about. I would suggest drawing it out on the knife first with a fine point sharpie. It gives you the chance to have a good idea what it will look like before you make it permanent. Plus it gives you a pattern to follow with the file. :twocents:

Edit: Don't use a sharpie on your scales! That could be bad. Maybe print out a picture of it and draw on that.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Added one more pic.
    no I didn't think of that. I might try it on another knife first and see what it looks like. Thanks for the idea

I like the notches.

Just ran the bore laser in all my long guns. Have been switching optics around and not shot them

I need to get out back this weekend and do the same. I've been holding off on going down to AB until I've got expendable money so I can hit the BBQ place for the Brisket sandwich. Maybe next week. I've gotta get the Holo sight I bought off Cigarguy sighted in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the notches.

I need to get out back this weekend and do the same. I've been holding off on going down to AB until I've got expendable money so I can hit the BBQ place for the Brisket sandwich. Maybe next week. I've gotta get the Holo sight I bought off Cigarguy sighted in.

If you need a laser I have 2.
    They get me on paper and centered. Elevation is about all that needs adjusted at the range.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It has great character but I can see the imperfections in your file-work. I assume that's what you're talking about. I would suggest drawing it out on the knife first with a fine point sharpie. It gives you the chance to have a good idea what it will look like before you make it permanent. Plus it gives you a pattern to follow with the file. :twocents:

Edit: Don't use a sharpie on your scales! That could be bad. Maybe print out a picture of it and draw on that.
    Yep. I couldn't feel how hard I was pressing with the dremel (problem of numb hands) and it jumped on me so I made a extra couple notches. Next time I will use a file and a pattern.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yep. I couldn't feel how hard I was pressing with the dremel (problem of numb hands) and it jumped on me so I made a extra couple notches. Next time I will use a file and a pattern.

One of these days, I hope to be able to afford a really serious chopper like a Busse. I know a guy who can get through a 2x4 in six blows with his. Of course, he has arms like tree trunks too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom