Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to have a pair of boots that I could wear and stay out in all day without my feet getting cold. They were cheap, but they had 1/2" thick felt liners in them and my feet never got cold, even in sub-zero weather.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I used to have a pair of boots that I could wear and stay out in all day without my feet getting cold. They were cheap, but they had 1/2" thick felt liners in them and my feet never got cold, even in sub-zero weather.

Had a pair of Red Wings I used to wear all day without issues but they dont work for me as good as they used to. If I'm out for a hour or so I put my Muck Chores and heated socks on. Only thing that is a guaranteed warm feet scenario for me these days.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    So, as we get older, we figure out how to stay warm. That a good thing, as we aren't getting younger. I'm going out for sleep, have a great evening friends. Later on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Had a pair of Red Wings I used to wear all day without issues but they dont work for me as good as they used to. If I'm out for a hour or so I put my Muck Chores and heated socks on. Only thing that is a guaranteed warm feet scenario for me these days.

The ones I had were probably the predecessor to (or maybe a copy of) "duck boots"? With the leather upper part and the rubber lower part? I think mine were some kind of nylon upper part or something, but the foot part was rubber. It was over 40 years ago, and I've slept since then. :):

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The ones I had were probably the predecessor to (or maybe a copy of) "duck boots"? With the leather upper part and the rubber lower part? I think mine were some kind of nylon upper part or something, but the foot part was rubber. It was over 40 years ago, and I've slept since then. :):

I had a pair of those also. I think your right, duck boots. But its been a while for me to. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom