Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I saw the tire switch and treated track but so what?
    A NEW street legal car with a warranty that you could drive to California and back and change tires and from a standing launch pull the front wheels. Still impressive.

Yes lots of BUILT street cars can pull front wheels with the same tire change but how many of them have A/C and the comforts of a new car like the Demon?
    It doesn't take much to get wheels up if you are bumping the throttle especially in a stick car. I had a 68 Cougar that had 391 gears and auto. Had a built 302 that ran good for stock heads and block. Just a cam and intake change and headers.
    On street tires and thru the mufflers it was a mid 14 second car. I had 90/10 front shocks and a couple of well timed pumps on the throttle would lift the fronts 3 to 4 inches. Car was a show car and sounded healthy but wasn't fast but was fun.

Absolutely. Thing is what is the sticker on that one. I have been to frightened to look....:cool:

My Malibu Had a 366 in it. Vortec heads, cam, headers, 3 peddles, 4:10's, Holley ProJection and MSD goody's. It was not a lite weight but 13 flat on 10" slicks open headers it was a hoot. 2" tail drop. Pinion snubber and aluminum bushings in boxed control arms in the rear. I made the mistake of showing my then 16 year old son how to do throttle wheelies with it. I started getting calls from folks asking how in the heck that wagon would lift the front wheels like that.
    The car was butt ugly gray primmer and a 2" glass cowl hood to clear the Projection on a 1" spacer. 8" Rally's in the back and after market 4" rally's up front. 90/10 shocks rounded out the package. I do miss that one.
    I do not remember getting beat in that car except by my sons 85 Monti Carlo S/S.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I never have raced. Well, anyone that wasn't a friend while just screwing around... There are some Fords I really like, mostly full size stuff varying years thoughout the '60's.

Here's one I wouldn't hesitate to buy, if it had a title.
    https://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/6085473030.html

A lot of the southern states don't require titles after a certain age, bill of sale being sufficient to own and register. Having said that I wouldn't buy one without a title either and then try to title it up here. From what I've seen it's damn near impossible to title a car up here. Kentucky at least has a path to (citizenship) title a car that you've purchased and built.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

That is obviously over priced. But I have always liked that body style. Has a good rugged look and the engine wasn't shoved back under the cowel/windshield like the newer trucks. I had a 79 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 on 33x12.50s, 400 w/C6 and 4:10 gears. Would ring the guts out on the interstate but that thing would pull about anything. Got wiped out by tandem axle dump truck that made a right turn from the left turn lane. Wish I still had it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom