Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry bro but I aint into cross dressers...besides you can't molest a car car like that with a GM engine. But I understand where you are coming from GM apparently never built a chassis truly for high performance...that must be why so many loyalists buy Fords and then stick a cheapo GM engine in them. Jkjk don't get your panties twisted LOL

I am a fan of the Blue Oval 9" and am hanging a narrowed version under my 64. That will be 1 less headache down the road.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sorry bro but I aint into cross dressers...besides you can't molest a car car like that with a GM engine. But I understand where you are coming from GM apparently never built a chassis truly for high performance...that must be why so many loyalists buy Fords and then stick a cheapo GM engine in them. Jkjk don't get your panties twisted LOL

He can't get them twisted. They are stuffed under his seat of his car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So are you going to put some mini tubs in it?

Pretty much but I want the 9" on a 4 link. The fuel tank is above the axle. It will have to be modified to clear or become a fuel cell in the trunk.

I want as deep an offset as possible on the rear wheels.
    This is the last one I an building for myself. I want it to be right.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I thought about it again and I know what would look good. Scrap the tear drop scoop...a 429 with old school mechnical fuel injection. Those little stacks would look good pokin up through the hood with a 2" raked stance and big meats in back...and would have to go with bucket seats instead of the bench.

I had given some consideration to a similar path for the old girl but I want to be able to drive her to Key West and back on a moments notice. With AC. Power brakes. Cruise control. Satellite radio. . . . . . . .

Yes I'm getting . . . smarter.:fogey:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pretty much but I want the 9" on a 4 link. The fuel tank is above the axle. It will have to be modified to clear or become a fuel cell in the trunk.

I want as deep an offset as possible on the rear wheels.
    This is the last one I an building for myself. I want it to be right.

I can understand. Based on pics you have posted I know it will be right when it's done

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes I'm getting . . . smarter.:fogey:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure sometimes if it's so much getting smarter or getting older. I recall a time when I really didn't care if my ride had A/C or pwr windows etc...but the older I get the more I appreciate the creature comforts...maybe you are right though. Smarter

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I had given some consideration to a similar path for the old girl but I want to be able to drive her to Key West and back on a moments notice. With AC. Power brakes. Cruise control. Satellite radio. . . . . . . .

I am slowly adding some conveniences to the Lemans. If you spend any amount of time behind the wheel of one of these cars out on the open road, it is absolutely necessary. When I get the funds, I will be building a big body car for road trips. It'll have all the bells and whistles. Lemans is bare minimum for comfort.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

I'm not sure sometimes if it's so much getting smarter or getting older. I recall a time when I really didn't care if my ride had A/C or pwr windows etc...but the older I get the more I appreciate the creature comforts...maybe you are right though. Smarter

4.56 gears and straight-thru mufflers for me. :rockwoot:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Says the guy with cutouts :p
    Funny story....... So I was driving it around yesterday with the cutouts still open because I'm too damn lazy to lay down on the ground and put them back on.... Anywho, my mind started wandering and I was checking myself out in the glass of a long building I was driving past and my brain said the car was too loud and I couldn't think.... So I actually reached for the radio knob to turn it down. There is no radio in the car.... I friggin tried turning the exhaust down..... :rolleyes:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Funny story....... So I was driving it around yesterday with the cutouts still open because I'm too damn lazy to lay down on the ground and put them back on.... Anywho, my mind started wandering and I was checking myself out in the glass of a long building I was driving past and my brain said the car was too loud and I couldn't think.... So I actually reached for the radio knob to turn it down. There is no radio in the car.... I friggin tried turning the exhaust down..... :rolleyes:

That actually wouldn't be too hard.....12v modulating butterfly on the cutout....hmmmmm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom