Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am sure it hauls the mail.
    There has to be some wicked engine mods to make 600 ponys.
    I am hesitant. Everyone seems to just throw around numbers. I want 500hp used to be what we heard all the time, now it's 1000.... Show me. From what I can see in the pics, that truck wouldn't hold up very long to a real world 600....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am hesitant. Everyone seems to just throw around numbers. I want 500hp used to be what we heard all the time, now it's 1000.... Show me. From what I can see in the pics, that truck wouldn't hold up very long to a real world 600....

My last BB chev thaT was north of 600 (wheel north) was a full mechanicle roller motor with serious mods and not street capable. Well not for long drives.
    The 65 made 600. it was as serious as the BB and barely street able. Average guy could not drive it.
    Doubtful the truck makes 500

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My last BB chev thaT was north of 600 (wheel north) was a full mechanicle roller motor with serious mods and not street capable. Well not for long drives.
    The 65 made 600. it was as serious as the BB and barely street able. Average guy could not drive it.
    Doubtful the truck makes 500
    Personally, I have no use for anything more than about 425.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    My mustang has 435 at the crank...and I can't use all of them without getting in trouble on the street. I don't see much point in going overboard anymore.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had the HP talk with the engine builder when I started on the Charger, he just asked what I wanted to do with the car. Other than go to shows and drive around for fun that was really all there was after some honest soul searching. When done the car made 425 HP and 465 peak torque and of that I get 400 at 2K. Car has a 3.55 rear and while it gets bad gas mileage, it's fun to drive, uses pump gas, and easier to maintain

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I seem to remember several years ago (in the 90s) if you built an engine that made 500+ hp you had a pretty bad ass piece of equipment. From what I can tell it really statyed at tje end of the 90s that engine builders started cranking out motors with 800+ hp pretty much daily. Ever since then it has been an explosion of new stuff. When we bought our first drag racing engine in 2002-2003 I remember 588c.i was considered big and if you had a 632 ci motor it almost mind blowing. At that time it was becoming common to be in the neighborhood of 1000hp - 1200 hp with those cubes. It has been an explosion of innovation since. Now there are shops cranking out pro momomotors in the 900- 1000 cu in range that make more than 1500hp without power adders, heads custom billet blocks/heads.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Power adder technology has exploded too in that time. Now yo can take smaller cubic inches (relatively speaking) and make super big power fairly easy with your choice of nitrous, blower or turbos. There are guys with twin turbo motors with 400+cubes making mega power. Blower cars often go with a bit more cubes 540 is common and nitrous guy (like me use big cubes) @600 to nasty pro mod stuff in the 1000 cube area. Lots of different ways to get the job done. It just takes money. Lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom