• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure how to post pics but... Even thogh technically dad owns it, I have as much time invested as he does and do a good portion of the work along with my uncle...(jokingly) dad gets to pay for it ...so we let him drive...for now. Anyway we have a 1984 Ford Thunderbird tube chassis car with 632(+thats secret) ci BBF on nitrous with a powerglide transmission with 4.30(maybe..another secret) we race 1/8th mile stuff heads up. Been4.67 @155mph in the 1/8th...at IRP a few years and some upgardes ago he shut it off before 1000ft and coasted through for a 7.42 in th 1/4 but not geared for th 1/4

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Here's another '65 I've worked on. This one is a I6 with automatic. Cool, but boring...

When I was 18 I bought a '65 just like that only the darker green. Mine had the basic 289, 2-barrel carb, and the three-speed stick. I bought it from a guy who bought it new in San Diego right after he'd graduated from college. Only serviced at dealers, all original, nice interior, but after the guy graduated in San Diego, he ended up getting his graduate degrees at University of Michigan, and all that road salt in Michigan ate it up underneath. A real shame, thought I could save it, but it turned out to be too far gone.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Chrome wheels with small caps.......I love it. Less is more.

You have no idea how much it took to find those deep dish baby moons. We found some guy at a truck show that had them on his truck and sat by his truck until he showed up (it was a long time) to find out where he found them. Special order from Pete Paulsen wheels in California.

Paulsen Motorsports

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    You have no idea how much it took to find those deep dish baby moons. We found some guy at a truck show that had them on his truck and sat by his truck until he showed up (it was a long time) to find out where he found them. Special order from Pete Paulsen wheels in California.

Paulsen Motorsports

I was going to ask you about those. I am tired of the 4wd Ralleys on my truck, the center caps are trashed. I may have to look into these wheels.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was going to ask you about those. I am tired of the 4wd Ralleys on my truck, the center caps are trashed. I may have to look into these wheels.

As I recall, it took a while to get them after we ordered, but they had to make his because of how deep he wanted them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    TTE exhaust? I see the Saginaw hydraulic pump and what looks like a MSD distributor. Iron heads or painted aluminum?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    TTE exhaust? I see the Saginaw hydraulic pump and what looks like a MSD distributor. Iron heads or painted aluminum?
    TTI. Whole system, looks really nice. The Saginaw pump was on it when it came in, engine is not original to the '69 Roadrunner its going in. Complete MSD ignition system. Iron heads, was kind of a budget build because it was supposed to have been a fresh rebuild, it was fresh but had been rebuilt with junk old used up parts. Guy got screwed.... I'll post some pix of the car as it sits now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom