• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I hate working on drivers. The time and financial pressure and everything else just makes it not much fun. Plus, you're almost always doing the same things. Brakes, steering, suspension, timing sets, tune up parts, etc.

Though I have pulled a transmission or two in my day and had to stuff it back in or not drive it back home. As a young man that was kinda fun, today it would be on the hook.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I love working on race cars. Not moms daily truckster.
    We did all of our own work for years but we also had a crew. That helps.

Yeah maybe I'm a little burnt out but working on daily drivers/ regular cars just doesn't excite me anymore
    Now, I can spend the whole day working on race cars and mostly enjoy it.

Race car is an exaggeration in my case, but that's where I'm trying to go. I know it sounds weird that an EV would hold a key position in that plan, but the more I think about it the more it does. I've been chewing this idea over for a few years now...

Anyhow... I probably have a few more years before I can execute on the plan. I'm just happy that every vehicle on the property can currently, at minimum, drive itself on to a trailer. That's a win. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow the quest shall resume to get 3 of 4 back on the actual road. Old turdly back there is the next victim. Then my winter beater game will be on point... I hope.

1629601732633.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All it takes is money. That’s a big boy engine.
    Good answer.
    with the rarity of solid original date correct hard parts and the insane costs involved collecting all your bits and pieces towards this goal is part of the process I love.
    a for real ZL1 is not that hard to reproduce but why when there are Crate engines sitting in wait to be baught and plugged into about anything one desires.
    just add the proper amounts of money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Race car is an exaggeration in my case, but that's where I'm trying to go. I know it sounds weird that an EV would hold a key position in that plan, but the more I think about it the more it does. I've been chewing this idea over for a few years now...

Anyhow... I probably have a few more years before I can execute on the plan. I'm just happy that every vehicle on the property can currently, at minimum, drive itself on to a trailer. That's a win. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow the quest shall resume to get 3 of 4 back on the actual road. Old turdly back there is the next victim. Then my winter beater game will be on point... I hope.

View attachment 154444
    Cant tell what that is.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Good answer.
    with the rarity of solid original date correct hard parts and the insane costs involved collecting all your bits and pieces towards this goal is part of the process I love.
    a for real ZL1 is not that hard to reproduce but why when there are Crate engines sitting in wait to be baught and plugged into about anything one desires.
    just add the proper amounts of money.

Exhibit A

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So Corvette owners absolutely hate my GT500.
    Even more than my wife's Super Stock.
    We attend a car show a few weeks back. Corvette owners had nothing but bad comments. Like it's just a Mustang?

It's a freaking SHELBY GT 500! It will outrun a C8 and handles just as good. I don't think I will ever understand Vette owners.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    We attend a car show a few weeks back. Corvette owners had nothing but bad comments. Like it's just a Mustang?

It's a freaking SHELBY GT 500! It will outrun a C8 and handles just as good. I don't think I will ever understand Vette owners.

You’ll find idiots in every car clan. That distinction is not limited to Corvette guys.

I will say though, $90k is too much for a Mustang. In my eyes at least, that’s not the kind of car that they are. I also think the new C8’s are too expensive. They’re not even really that fast to be honest.

I look forward to owning both of them at some point 20 years from now. :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exhibit A

Engine masters was running some of their stuff. Well turned out engines.

that is a party I don’t want to attend.
    there was a day that the Vette was the boss of the block. Today there is far to many players in the game.
    I don’t stay up on skid pad numbers etc and so on. I have driven a Bullet offering with all the lights buzzers and bells. Wide body full stance kit. ****ing huge tires brakes and more HP than an avg man could even hope to control. That damned thing was insane at any point in the power band and yes if you knew how to turn it into the Apex and apply throttle it would exit and go full warp factor 5. Just shut up Sullu and hang on.
    I could not use everything that was available to me as the street was not up to the task either. So I just set it straight to the earths rotation and cut that bitch loose.
    1st and 2nd was a challenge to stay straight and keep wheel speed down but once 3rd was in play and using my head on throttle control that ****ing thing was straight up nuts.
    what an experience.

Top Bottom