• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    Are you guys open to a project or looking for something that you can get in and go? I can keep an eye out if you are looking for certain model, year and price range. I always suggest picking up a dry car in the SW - especially a unibody car. GM A body’s are great looking, good sized, body on frame cars. I have a 69 chevelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I didn't get a chance to see the pontiac. Bummer it now says sold, really want to know what it sold for. The only times I ended going past there was before they were open and I didn't see it sitting outside. Kids sports and such keeps a person too busy sometimes.

For some reason I was really digging this car, not at all on my want list but it seemed to fill a void. Maybe I'll need to expand my search beyond a Camaro lol

Edit: I probably need to get off my arse and figure how much it's going to run me to put a tray ceiling in the garage so i can stack cars. I figure it cannot be too much but's definitely outside my skill set to figure out the load bearing stuff.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Are you guys open to a project or looking for something that you can get in and go? I can keep an eye out if you are looking for certain model, year and price range. I always suggest picking up a dry car in the SW - especially a unibody car. GM A body’s are great looking, good sized, body on frame cars. I have a 69 chevelle.

I am not actually in the market, but this thing sure got me thinking. I guess you could say it tripped my trigger.

If it was closer I would have taken a look for sure.

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    I am not actually in the market, but this thing sure got me thinking. I guess you could say it tripped my trigger.

If it was closer I would have taken a look for sure.

I get it!

I love the hunt cars, guns, whatever. I have a decent knowledge of old cars (value, repair etc) if I can help let me know! I was born in the 80s and I tell everyone all the cool cars were made before 1972. New cars just don’t do it for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I would prefer something that I can get in and at least drive. But it depends on pricing. I don't want to deal with replacing floor pans, firewalls, etc due to rust issues. I'll replace a fender or a door if available, but cutting off rusty quarters and welding on new is not for me.

Mechanically I can tackle anything.

I have been hankering for a square body Chevy but I think that segment may be too rich for my budget. So far, they are either too far gone or too much money. I was thinking a rolling, relatively rust free model for less than $2K or a running, non-molested original in the $3-4K range. I see rusted out running trucks above $6K and molested ones going for $3-4K. I guess I don't want one bad enough but I'm not paying $4K for a rusted out barely or non running truck that will take another $20K to make right.

My other interest would be a gen 2 Camaro, but again I don't want to deal with rust perforations.

Already had an A body so the truck would be my first choice since it would have some utility. The Camaro would be more of a toy so I'd actually have to get more for my money with the Camaro to make it attractive to me. I could do a gen 2 Firebird also if they are a little less valuable.

I'll make you the same offer I have my friends that live in Texas. If I buy a vehicle you found for me, I'll pay you a finder's fee.

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    I would prefer something that I can get in and at least drive. But it depends on pricing. I don't want to deal with replacing floor pans, firewalls, etc due to rust issues. I'll replace a fender or a door if available, but cutting off rusty quarters and welding on new is not for me.

Mechanically I can tackle anything.

I have been hankering for a square body Chevy but I think that segment may be too rich for my budget. So far, they are either too far gone or too much money. I was thinking a rolling, relatively rust free model for less than $2K or a running, non-molested original in the $3-4K range. I see rusted out running trucks above $6K and molested ones going for $3-4K. I guess I don't want one bad enough but I'm not paying $4K for a rusted out barely or non running truck that will take another $20K to make right.

My other interest would be a gen 2 Camaro, but again I don't want to deal with rust perforations.

Already had an A body so the truck would be my first choice since it would have some utility. The Camaro would be more of a toy so I'd actually have to get more for my money with the Camaro to make it attractive to me. I could do a gen 2 Firebird also if they are a little less valuable.

I'll make you the same offer I have my friends that live in Texas. If I buy a vehicle you found for me, I'll pay you a finder's fee.

Not looking for a finders fee! Like I said before I enjoy the hunt.

Sending you a PM now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Spent a couple of hours in the shop pulling out most all of the parts and organizing them for the next phase.
    Getting the frame prepped to pull it out and spin it 180* to get the rear end up front so I can get after the suspension fabrication. This will be fun. I have to make everything save for the control arms. All the brackets etc to hang the 12 bolt and the shocks etc.
    I have to take over 4"s out of the 12 bolt for it to work in the scheme I have cooked up.

Found the parts on Summit to re-furbish the MSD Pro Billet distributer. The reluctor and the pick up have rusted from being stored in the shed. Go figure. Still a crap ton less than a new distributer.

Top Bottom