• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Got the carb back together and in the truck. No leaks so I did something right. Fired up got it to idle and finally got the timing light on it. Base timing at idle without the vac advance was over 35*. I have no idea where it should be but I dialed it back so total timing with the vac adv is about 30-ish. It runs a lot better and that idle is a lot lopier than I remember. Still smokes. One thing at a time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I spent the weekend at Putnam Park working a corner. 10/10ths car club was there. A great variety of cars from Miatas to a new Mercedes super car. Saw every gen of Corvette except C1 and C3. Saw two stock cars that were lapping everyone. I’m not a fan of the new Corvette but they sure go good on the track and sound really good when going and shifting.
    I have not been a fan of the new vettes since that went full on Star wars with them but the new rear engine unit
    it is not really all that bad once you get used to the roofline.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got the carb back together and in the truck. No leaks so I did something right. Fired up got it to idle and finally got the timing light on it. Base timing at idle without the vac advance was over 35*. I have no idea where it should be but I dialed it back so total timing with the vac adv is about 30-ish. It runs a lot better and that idle is a lot lopier than I remember. Still smokes. One thing at a time.
    Not sure what your package calls for but I would say 34/35 deg all in at 3500 is a great base line to play from. Thats all the mech/vac advance.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Fun level: 1,000

Roughly the same power-to-weight as a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport. Awesome.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not sure what your package calls for but I would say 34/35 deg all in at 3500 is a great base line to play from. Thats all the mech/vac advance.
    It is much much happier than before. Got to replace that fuel hose and then refill with fresh 93. I’d really love one of you that knows what the hell you’re doing play with it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

He started at 45k several months back. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I could replicate a similar thrill for less. Always been a big fan of the 7 series clones!

A similar more refined version sold last year for 36K: 2018 Brunton Stalker XL for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $36,000 on February 28, 2020 (Lot #28,501) | Bring a Trailer

Another asking 40K: kit cars replicas Brunton Stalker XL Lotus replica for sale: photos, technical specifications, description (topclassiccarsforsale.com)

This one is missing a pedal: 1962 Lotus Super Seven | eBay

Last edited:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Where are you located?

Are you running a vacuum advance, and this is basically a stock 350 right?
    Nw indy. It’s a 93 roller cam block/one piece rear main. Aluminum heads with 58cc chambers, 200cc intake runners and 202/160 valves. Cam is a comp roller .508/503 lift and 272 duration. LT1 flat top pistons. Stock style billet hei distributor with vacuum advance. Air gap intake, qft 650 double pumper.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

I’ve seen one of these at the track and he was definitely the fastest that day.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Nw indy. It’s a 93 roller cam block/one piece rear main. Aluminum heads with 58cc chambers, 200cc intake runners and 202/160 valves. Cam is a comp roller .508/503 lift and 272 duration. LT1 flat top pistons. Stock style billet hei distributor with vacuum advance. Air gap intake, qft 650 double pumper.
    Not stock then CM recommendation is a good starting point. Set the timing at 32 at around 3500rpm and go up from there. Will probably settle in around 34-36. Unhook the vacuum line to the distributor when you do it.

If you have a vacuum guage it will help set the fuel mixture on the Quick Fuel.

If you were closer I would help you get started, but it will take some playing around with to get it dialed in

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

If your budget allows, a wideband O2 sensor in one of the header collectors is the only true way to know what’s going on. That would take the guess work right out of it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not stock then CM recommendation is a good starting point. Set the timing at 32 at around 3500rpm and go up from there. Will probably settle in around 34-36. Unhook the vacuum line to the distributor when you do it.

If you have a vacuum guage it will help set the fuel mixture on the Quick Fuel.

If you were closer I would help you get started, but it will take some playing around with to get it dialed in
    ^^^This. Unhook the V-line and plug it. Set the mechanical advance to 30* at 3K. Hook up the V-line and check it again.
    I do not use the VA. I set up totally on the mechanical advance. If you do that then yes. 32* all in at 3K then take it for a rip.
    34/may be your total with those heads and 93 pump fuel.
    Put 10 gallons of Cam2 in it and set it at 36* and try to wipe the smile off your face.....:):

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    ^^^This. Unhook the V-line and plug it. Set the mechanical advance to 30* at 3K. Hook up the V-line and check it again.
    I do not use the VA. I set up totally on the mechanical advance. If you do that then yes. 32* all in at 3K then take it for a rip.
    Put 10 gallons of Cam2 in it and set it at 36* and try to wipe the smile off your face.....:):
    Yep, with those small chamber heads and flat tops he could have some pretty decent compression. Sounds like it could be pretty fun.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No need. I couldn’t keep the tires under it with the sloppy .060 over leaking worn out 350 making 90hp.
    Using those online calculators with the compression, heads, cam it says 440 ish. I doubt that and I’d be super happy with 300 crank

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No need. I couldn’t keep the tires under it with the sloppy .060 over leaking worn out 350 making 90hp.
    Using those online calculators with the compression, heads, cam it says 440 ish. I doubt that and I’d be super happy with 300 crank
    You would be surprised if you strapped her onto a good dyno. The 355 CI Package we have used many times makes a solid 390/410 depending on the heads.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Been away for awhile. What's everyone been up to?
    Still screwing with the same old same old.
    Transtar jipped me last week. Called and asked for all the bearings in my T5, along with all the springs/clips/retainers, and a new 2nd gear.

Got two boxes. First box was a small parts kit with washers/springs/etc. Second box had my new 2nd gear and a bearing kit. Bearing kit included that same small parts kit. Didn't think much of it at first. Bearing kit was missing the caged roller bearings for the gears. Called to see if I could get those - nope, all out. Gotta call somewhere else.

Then I get to looking and find out that not only did they charge me shipping for two separate boxes, but the first box was $60 (pre shipping) and was in the bearing rebuild kit. So now I gotta go in and get a refund for that. Also gonna complain about being charged shipping for something that I could have picked up at their shop (they didn't mention any shipping fees on the phone).

Also may have finally made progress on the brakes for my truck. Driver rear locked up real bad again last week, so I took the caliper off to clean it. Nope. The fluid coming out of the brake line was nice and clear. Half the fluid in the caliper was nice and clear. The other half? Ewwwwwwww looked like it had been dunked in a used toilet. Furthermore, those pistons were all sorts of seized and had all sorts of crap on them. Bought a new caliper and threw it on, along with a new hose, just to be safe.

So far so good.

Top Bottom