• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pitman arm came in.
    Its 50% right but no joy. There went some lunch money.
    Crap, I am batting a solid 1K on this one.

Back into the laptop. I figured out that the drag link/pitman and idler from a 67 "Might" work with a bit of mods.

There just happens to be one in the resto shop that I can throw a tape on tomorrow. Its on the deck as the air ride is trashed under it so not sure how but I will get under it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Pitman arm came in.
    Its 50% right but no joy. There went some lunch money.
    Crap, I am batting a solid 1K on this one.

Back into the laptop. I figured out that the drag link/pitman and idler from a 67 "Might" work with a bit of mods.

There just happens to be one in the resto shop that I can throw a tape on tomorrow. Its on the deck as the air ride is trashed under it so not sure how but I will get under it.
    Hopefully it may work out.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Sucks because all that is new on the 64. Just put it all in.
    $420 worth of parts.
    By the time I get this right (and i will get it right) I probably could have put rack and P in it.
    Maybe you can get the box from CPP and return the box you have. Not sure how much price difference there is $100-150 maybe

I have know idea what rack n pinion would cost but I'm guessing pricey

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe you can get the box from CPP and return the box you have. Not sure how much price difference there is $100-150 maybe

I have know idea what rack n pinion would cost but I'm guessing pricey
    Anytime you cross into the unknown there will be challenges.
    My alignment guy has been on Vaca and off the phone for a couple of weeks now. If he was around I would have my answers.

If I can get a tape on the linkage under that 67 I will know if I am right.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Bought a 10 ton shop press the other day. Or maybe a 20? Idk. It was big enough and did the job. Getting the carrier bearings out was a pita, but they're out and new ones are on.
    Have to pick up a beam-style torque wrench, dial indicator, and some fluid and brake clean so that I can finally wrap this job up.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Bought a 10 ton shop press the other day. Or maybe a 20? Idk. It was big enough and did the job. Getting the carrier bearings out was a pita, but they're out and new ones are on.
    Have to pick up a beam-style torque wrench, dial indicator, and some fluid and brake clean so that I can finally wrap this job up.
    Not sure where you're located, but if you're willing to come to Knox I have some dial indicators you can use. Nothing fancy or new but they will do the job.IMG_20210225_112707007.jpg

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I have several Dial indicators as well. Maybe some trading.....:):
    What kind of trading do you have in mind?

Haha, any reason to buy tools should not go to waste. Maybe check Craigslist or FB marketplace for some used stuff. Sometimes the decent stuff shows up there at good prices.
    I'll do that if I have any time between now and the end of my day. Sometimes trying to track down good stuff in a short time frame is harder than just running to a store or two and grabbing what I need. The others here know that I'm no stranger to the Marketplace though haha

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What kind of trading do you have in mind?

I'll do that if I have any time between now and the end of my day. Sometimes trying to track down good stuff in a short time frame is harder than just running to a store or two and grabbing what I need. The others here know that I'm no stranger to the Marketplace though haha
    Not sure man. I have a few dials setting by the lathe. If you need one come up and get it. Yours to use.

I got the low rider a 65 drop(air system trashed) at the resto shop up in the air high enough to get a couple of measurements and give it a good look. I am pretty sure this can be made to work on the 64.
    Ordered the parts.
    Now, who did I loan my pitman are removal tool to.

Top Bottom