• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That Chevelle that Ryan and his guys built is absolutely beautifully done.
    Kye took a while to find his direction but the Regal (I think is what he ended up with) will no doubt be a serious street machine. I have heard that since he decided to no use the othe Camero he bought, he is allegedly putting that SBF he got from BES (Tony Bischoff) in that car as a small tire no prep car to run some Dirty South races. Time will tell how that pans out. I have heard from a very knowledgeable source, that SBF is 461ci making in the area of 1,000hp with some Edelbrock heads that Tony helped develop and will handle a stout dose of spray.
    Should be interesting to see how Axe man, Shaun and JJ's come together.
    Yep. Ryan's SS is just cool. I started the Kye build but am calling it a night.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kye took a while to find his direction but the Regal (I think is what he ended up with) will no doubt be a serious street machine. I have heard that since he decided to no use the othe Camero he bought, he is allegedly putting that SBF he got from BES (Tony Bischoff) in that car as a small tire no prep car to run some Dirty South races. Time will tell how that pans out. I have heard from a very knowledgeable source, that SBF is 461ci making in the area of 1,000hp with some Edelbrock heads that Tony helped develop and will handle a stout dose of spray.
    I have been following this as well. I am a fan of the SO and the 405 so call me crazy. Ryan is a racers racer. The Chevell is top shelf.
    You all did not seem to be interested so I just kept quit.
    JJ the boss impressed the hell out of me last season. That man is on fire.....literally.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been following this as well. I am a fan of the SO and the 405 so call me crazy. Ryan is a racers racer. The Chevell is top shelf.
    You all did not seem to be interested so I just kept quit.
    JJ the boss impressed the hell out of me last season. That man is on fire.....literally.
    Oh I'm a definitely a fan of the SO's shows. Coming from the heads up side of door car racing, we've raced with/against several people who have been on the shows and worked with some of the same folks. So there's some connection there.
    Yes, Ryan is a racers racer for sure. Everything I've seen him involved in has been top shelf. That Chevelle started out really nice but the transformation is incredible.
    JJ started out as a crazy wild card. Nobody took him serious because he acted so erratic. But that dude has calmed down some and settled into how things work. I'm not his biggest fan, but I certainly respect the man. I was super impressed with how he jumped from his burning and wrecked car to run to his wife to get her to safety, showed real character.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just watched Kye's build. I like it. I wonder how many CI's his small block is.

Looks like next week is Axe mans build. It looks like a 30's or 40's Ford. That looks really interesting.

I'm really digging this show.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just watched Kye's build. I like it. I wonder how many CI's his small block is.

Looks like next week is Axe mans build. It looks like a 30's or 40's Ford. That looks really interesting.

I'm really digging this show.
    I'm sure whatever Axe man's build is it will be interesting. If it ends up being what is shown in the previews, it may look like an ol' bootleggers car. I'd rather watch the SO's shows than most other junk on the tv

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And Kye's SBF in his 3rd gen....

Yeah. I'd like to see that. Not a crossdresser fan but with all of the fox bodies with an LS, turning the tables just seems like sweet revenge.
    Whatever that SBF goes into will be one bad bish. That small block makes serious big block hp but is about 200 lbs lighter than an all aluminum big block. If he runs that in Dirty South with the weight break it will be hard to beat

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The boy and I spent a little time with the kart tonight. We put the clutch on and set the engine on the mount to see how things lines up. We didn't think it would take too much at first. But the new chain and clutch are using a 420 chain. The original sprocket on the wheel isn't 420. It's smaller. Almost like a bicycle chain.

Since this is all ancient Manco parts, that sprocket doesn't exist with a 420 chain. We found a new drive wheel assembly that will set him back about $90.

We did get new front wheels on and the brake adjusted too.

We think we narrowed it down to a Manco model 405 single seat.

PXL_20220801_235500644.jpg

PXL_20220801_235643827.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My son and I were talking about VW's flat four engine design the other day. That got me thinking about more "different" types of engines that have been made. One that came to mind was Honda's oval pistol. Strangely (not really) that video popped up in my YT feed a few days ago. I found it most interesting. I had always thought it was a way to get around some rules but that was incorrect. It was about getting more valves into a cylinder. I had also completely forgot about the street bike that they sold with it.

Then this popped up as a suggestion. Another very different way to have a 4 stroke engine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son and I were talking about VW's flat four engine design the other day. That got me thinking about more "different" types of engines that have been made. One that came to mind was Honda's oval pistol. Strangely (not really) that video popped up in my YT feed a few days ago. I found it most interesting. I had always thought it was a way to get around some rules but that was incorrect. It was about getting more valves into a cylinder. I had also completely forgot about the street bike that they sold with it.

Then this popped up as a suggestion. Another very different way to have a 4 stroke engine.

Ducati has always been out there on the fringes with their designs.
    BT that little in-line on the mini bike sounds slick but only 6 HP.

Top Bottom