• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Lots done the past couple days! Had a visitor today, unfortunately I didn’t get to the famous race truck...

a9pdfk.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Speaking of street freaks...Roadkill guys are doing a straight-axle, Hemi-powered Gremlin. I see death in their future.

Sneak Peek: The Roadkill Gremmie is Finally Getting its Hemi! - Hot Rod Network

While it's not a Hemi, a buddy of mine had an original 401 4-speed Gremlin that he bought from the dealer new. I believe the dealer was Randall American somewhere out in Arizona. They would pull the stock engine and transmission out and put in a 401 four Speed and sell it as a dealer installed package way back. I don't know how many of them were sold but he was telling me about it, I have seen reference to them in magazine articles so there must have been some truth to his statement..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Didn't realize that! No doubt!!

There was one here in Indy back in the day but the owner put the 401 in it. 3 peddle "X" car from the factory was stolen and stripped.
    He bought the body back and went nuts. One of the scariest cars I ever rode in. If it went straight it was freaky fast. If it got bent then you were in for a ride.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There was one here in Indy back in the day but the owner put the 401 in it. 3 peddle "X" car from the factory was stolen and stripped.
    He bought the body back and went nuts. One of the scariest cars I ever rode in. If it went straight it was freaky fast. If it got bent then you were in for a ride.

Way back in the '70s a friend of my uncle had a Gremlin. I couldn't tell you what engine was in it. But they figured out how to put a Ford manual 4spd in it. They wrote everything up and it was a featured article in HotRod magazine.
    There is a dude here in Indy that has had a Gremlin since the 70s that has been worked over and reworked several times with a BBC in it that runs mid - low 7's in the quarter. It's fast but no matter what they do to it..it will always be fugly

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Way back in the '70s a friend of my uncle had a Gremlin. I couldn't tell you what engine was in it. But they figured out how to put a Ford manual 4spd in it. They wrote everything up and it was a featured article in HotRod magazine.
    There is a dude here in Indy that has had a Gremlin since the 70s that has been worked over and reworked several times with a BBC in it that runs mid - low 7's in the quarter. It's fast but no matter what they do to it..it will always be fugly

If memory serves some of the V-8s were ford. American motors. Some body by Fisher pieces. Torque flite auto's. Nail head Buick 401's etc so on and so forth.
    I am thinking my buddy's "X" car had a Mopar rear end in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom