Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you can not see the duplicate post.....Ha. I edited the wrong one.

I got caught up for the day and sat down in front of the list. You know....that list. All the bits and pieces we want and a few are actually marked off and sitting in wait.
    I have a ways to go.
    Need the ECU for the trans.
    Need axles once I find how much I can actually narrow the 12 bolt and keep the drop top operational.
    Hotchkiss rear control arms upper/lower.
    Brakes all 4 corners.
    Springs and shocks for the front. I have coil overs for the rear. The fast bags (air) are coming off.
    Painless wiring harness. The car will run on the existing harness. The drive train etc will run on the painless.
    Holley (or aeromotive budget dependent) fuel pump and return style regulator.
    Gauges.
    Shifter.

And lastly................Wheels/tires

This is just a brief list to add onto the one I just finished.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Beats the crap out of talking about nopar mopars

Oh boy.....:popcorn:

I remember talking to Billy Glidden at the park one Sunday. He was testing a customers car. Hi-boost Turbo Chevy. I have had a lot of **** chat with Billy and he is a pretty stellar guy but he does not like Chevy's. Just no like/love there at all. Says they will not seal up like a Ford. Not sure why that would be but he was pretty adamant about it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh boy.....:popcorn:

I remember talking to Billy Glidden at the park one Sunday. He was testing a customers car. Hi-boost Turbo Chevy. I have had a lot of **** chat with Billy and he is a pretty stellar guy but he does not like Chevy's. Just no like/love there at all. Says they will not seal up like a Ford. Not sure why that would be but he was pretty adamant about it.

Talked with Bill a number of times and yes he bleeds Ford blue, but is does drive on of those brandX chevy's now. After his crash back in early spring he wasn't sure what he was going to do. Ray Skillman stepped up and helped him aquire a really good used Promod.

CM- was that Hi-boost turbo'ed chevy maybe a copper color pontiac grand prix?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Talked with Bill a number of times and yes he bleeds Ford blue, but is does drive on of those brandX chevy's now. After his crash back in early spring he wasn't sure what he was going to do. Ray Skillman stepped up and helped him aquire a really good used Promod.

CM- was that Hi-boost turbo'ed chevy maybe a copper color pontiac grand prix?

It might have been. It was in the mid 20's like maybe 05 or so.

Ray is another stellar individual. I have some pics somewhere of our USAC midget with Skilmans banner on it. He paid our fuel and tire bill for a season. He almost bought my 64 SS when he saw it at the 500 World of Wheels.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It might have been. It was in the mid 20's like maybe 05 or so.

Ray is another stellar individual. I have some pics somewhere of our USAC midget with Skilmans banner on it. He paid our fuel and tire bill for a season. He almost bought my 64 SS when he saw it at the 500 World of Wheels.

Might have been pro golfer Kenny Perry's car. He's one of Bill's buddy's, so as a personal favor he duilt Kenny's engine for that car, likewise when Kenny was on tour, Billy would occasionally race it in some of our events. That was back when Billy was still driving his black fox body. That fox body was super light and he refused to add weight to it to race with us, so he ran Kenny's car

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Might have been pro golfer Kenny Perry's car. He's one of Bill's buddy's, so as a personal favor he duilt Kenny's engine for that car, likewise when Kenny was on tour, Billy would occasionally race it in some of our events. That was back when Billy was still driving his black fox body. That fox body was super light and he refused to add weight to it to race with us, so he ran Kenny's car

I bet it was. Now that I think about it. The car was insane fast once he got the tune close.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    View attachment 60921

Can all the car car guys here have a moment of silence for this car!
    She will begin her disassembly this weekend the parts will be used to restore my 1970 Cyclone GT.
    Its a 1971 Mercury Montego MX Brougham 351C,C4,AC,Disc Brake,9 inch, 74,000 Original Miles garage kept from Alabama completely rust free.
    All parts not used in my restoration will be donated to other projects the roof skin will save another Cyclone that’s nice but had moisture under the vinyl top.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 60921

Can all the car car guys here have a moment of silence for this car!
    She will begin her disassembly this weekend the parts will be used to restore my 1970 Cyclone GT.
    Its a 1971 Mercury Montego MX Brougham 351C,C4,AC,Disc Brake,9 inch, 74,000 Original Miles garage kept from Alabama completely rust free.
    All parts not used in my restoration will be donated to other projects the roof skin will save another Cyclone that’s nice but had moisture under the vinyl top.

Moment of silence observed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom