• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    Have all you folks signed the petition against this ban? Also have you emailed the BATFE, representatives, and the president? I think all of us as gun owners should do all these things, at the very least to make our numbers heard!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm going to let you guys in on a super duper insider political secret. The "Hillary is going to take our guns" campaign is going to start in the next 12-18 months.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I'm going to let you guys in on a super duper insider political secret. The "Hillary is going to take our guns" campaign is going to start in the next 12-18 months.

Yes, and the smart man is stocking up on politically vulnerable items that are back to selling at reasonable prices. There isn't much that fits that definition right now though.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    There was plenty of M855 on the shelves when I bought mine.

Yes, I'm certain that there was. And years ago there was plenty of blue tip 50 BMG available at reasonable prices when I bought mine. Previous bargains, like your M855, are not the question. The question is what hasn't gone up yet, but that people should buy right now? I have some ideas, but I would like to hear yours.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, I'm certain that there was. And years ago there was plenty of blue tip 50 BMG available at reasonable prices when I bought mine. Previous bargains, like your M855, are not the question. The question is what hasn't gone up yet, but that people should buy right now? I have some ideas, but I would like to hear yours.

Any ammo that you plan to shoot in the future that is currently plentiful. I bought M855 and 7.62x39. They're commom rounds that skyrocket in price during panics. High capacity mags are also a good investment.

I bought 7.62x39 in bulk at around $200 per k. That's in line with what it was 6-7 years ago before the first Obama panic. Brass 223 was still $350 and higher. I didn't buy in hge thinking we hadn't seen bottom yet.

9mm will also be a good investment.

I'm also going to mop up on small rifle primers during the next panic.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    All very good points, but I may be biased since it mirrors my thinking, lol. I didn't buy in on 223/5.56 since I didn't think we had hit bottom yet either.

I bought 54R spam cans for $80 each the last time I had the opportunity and would gladly do so again at that price because the supply line is fragile, the supply itself is not unlimited, the guns that use it are now plentiful in the US, and there is overseas competition for it with all of the fighting going on in various places (think PKM use). Current wholesale price is holding steady at $99 per can unless you want to buy a pallet, but that is a lot of space.

Regarding 223, people are going to realize that they need powder and primers to reload all of the SS109 pull down bullets that they are gobbling up, so powder and primers for 223 are going to get a little more scarce soon. How bad? I don't know.

I concur, 9mm is going to be solid. I suspect we are at the bottom for it right now price-wise.

Primers are also cheap right now because of the powder shortage. People can't use up their primers if they can't get powder. The primer deal at Whitaker's in KY shows the price we should be aiming to hit when stocking up in large quantities. Their prices are good enough that I thought about driving down there just to stock up, I literally haven't seen prices that good in almost 10 years.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think any ammo is a bad investment but I don't see 54r ever hitting panic prices like 223, 7.62x39 or 9mm. Just not that many people shooting it.

If the military ever makes a significant move away from 223, that is the time to hit up the components market. They practically have away 308 and 30/06 components around 2000. 30 cal AP pulled bullets were $80 per k. Now they're a buck a piece. The government finally ran out of 30 cal ammo to demil.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Bought 500 rounds of Wolf Polyformance on Tuesday morning from bestpriceammo.com for $120 shipped. Sold out by that evening.

Today on facebook, I saw a Galveston gun shop advertising a stack of boxes of Wolf Polyformance 500 rounds for $190 before tax. They reported people were buying. (It was Down by the Tracks Gun Shop) I'm not accusing them of gouging, but I am idling wondering if they helped buy up that lot of Wolf that sold out so quick at .24 cents a round on that website.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Not many hate the idea of wholesale markets more than me. Why can't I call up PMC directly to place my order? But all this butthurt leveled at the sellers is all misplaced. We can all get a warm and fuzzy because shop A still has the same price tag on an empty shelf.

I'm selling 9mm for a dollar per thousand. I'm out of stock and will never get any more in but by god I'm a good guy for not raising my prices.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Not many hate the idea of wholesale markets more than me. Why can't I call up PMC directly to place my order? But all this butthurt leveled at the sellers is all misplaced. We can all get a warm and fuzzy because shop A still has the same price tag on an empty shelf.

I'm selling 9mm for a dollar per thousand. I'm out of stock and will never get any more in but by god I'm a good guy for not raising my prices.

QFT right there! I would understand if they said you had to buy in certain lot sizes, but they won't sell at all!

Yes, exactly. People don't seem to understand that the overall market is just one world-wide auction.

Top Bottom