• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Couple weeks? I'm gonna be there in 9 days......

I'll be there Friday thru Sunday... a buddy and I have a table showing of some prints n stuff... look for the Hoosier Club Banner on the front of the table, or I'll have some RobbyMaQ maker coins to giveaway sitting out also... May be running around checking stuff out so if I am not at the table be sure to leave a note or check back again later.

Hope to see some of you there! Especially you Larry! :D

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Had a great weekend at MRRF! One INGOer stopped by, but it was NONE of you guys! :D

I know, I suck :( I really wanted to be there. But I can't walk very far with this freaking disk out. Between that and trying to say close to home because of a relative with dementia. Me getting out of house is seldom these days.

But one plus is I have a Larger mill coming in the next few days provided I can get some help moving it. I think I have a plan worked out. My gimped ass can't do it.

I have been spending a lot of time 3d modeling. Working on a case for a new LCD touch screen. It is going on a Odroid XU4. The XU4 is a awesome little single board PC. It blows the RPi's out of the water.

I am getting more comfortable with Linux while tinkering with these little one board PC's.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I was there, but wouldn't have known you if I saw you lol.
    Was a little bummed I didn't win Joel's gmax, but otherwise had a good time.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I was there, but wouldn't have known you if I saw you lol.
    Was a little bummed I didn't win Joel's gmax, but otherwise had a good time.

Depending on how much you walked around, I was in the middle of the main building... had a catan boardgame painted set out that everyone seemed to like, in addition to the star wars vs star trek battleship game. Sunday i was wearing an INGO shirt... and I've met you at the 1500, I would have recognized you.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Printer is back up and running. Mechanical relay back on with a fan and silicone covered wiring.

Been out of it for months, now I don't know what I want to print.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Depending on how much you walked around, I was in the middle of the main building... had a catan boardgame painted set out that everyone seemed to like, in addition to the star wars vs star trek battleship game. Sunday i was wearing an INGO shirt... and I've met you at the 1500, I would have recognized you.

Ha! I pointed out the Catan board game to my buddy on one of our rounds through that building

It was really cool.

Nice job!

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I made an hasty round on Friday nite hoping to keep the interaction with other people's azzes n elbows down to a min without the success desired. Once again I heard the same regurgitated comments made post MRRF about moving to a larger venue next year. What's the real word on that topic?

I was the grumpy ole guy with a scowl pissed that others think their conversations about Cosplay/fantasy items are reason enough to block the aisles for everyone else.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    lol, it sure got crowded!
    Mrrf put out a statement to save the date next year (if I recall it will be in early april) and apparantly they are procuring one of the other brick buildings for 2020. So looks like they will have 3 buildings next year.

Sorry I missed you jesus!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    some stuff I've been working on...

20190321_005257_zpsyj1vvfxh.jpg

20190330_152011_zpsujn18ky1.jpg

20190227_111009_zpsieoshv4n.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Multi band HF coil, printed great, can't get it to tune like I want on 40m though.

2019-05-09_0951.png

Don't fret it. I might be able to talk you threw it.

Are you using this as an inductor to lengthen a piece of wire to 40 meters?

Or is this a trap to block a band?

Is this a base loading coil?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Multi band ground plan.

I set my analyzer to scan say 6900 15000 and adjust until I get a low as possible swr around 7.078 for JS8Call. Then I will narrow the analyzer to 40m only but every combo of adjustments I make do not get me below 3.5 or so swr.

Do you have ground radials on it?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yes 4 radial, all measured correctly

Does your analyzer measure impedance? I'd be curious as to what it shows. What kind of analyzer do you have?

I thought this was a 3D printer thread, not a ham radio thread!

Can this be used for WiFi?

We're diversified :rockwoot: 3d printing ham radio parts is awesome!!

As for a WiFi antenna, it's way far away from that band.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yes 4 radial, all measured correctly

Here is an awesome analyzer. I have built a lot of them. Some of the first few kits shipped. It is out of stock at the moment.

They are out of stock at the moment while they move the project over to a new more expandable development board. It is probably not a beginners kit but if you have any experience with SMT it is an incredible kit at an incredible value. It is a VIA as well as a VNA. The first VNA I used was over 30k. It will measure and tuned circuits within it's frequency. Caps, inductors, filters. Analyze antenna's from any aspect. Pretty freaken cool tool for a ham.

Top Bottom