• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have been thinking about flying a inverted US flag tomorrow but I am not sure if I will. I am kind of going back and forth if I can or not. I have always said if I ever witnessed some left wing pansy burning or stepping on the flag I would kick his behind. Do you think this is much different?

I've been debating the same, but part of me says I'd feel better flying the Don't Tread on Me right below it.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    oflag.jpg

US Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

This photograph was taken in Baltimore during Obama's visit there this weekend and ran in the Baltimore Sun. Quite a few of us out here in Maryland have already let the editors of the Sun know how we feel. If anyone would like their email and a sample letter to send yourself, PM me.

Well, then what about the INGO Flag Fenway is getting from our soldiers?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, either one, but Obama on our flag is sickening and a contridiction in terms.... IMHO

Personal opinion - while I recognize the intent behind the INGO flag, I disapprove of it. The Obama supporters in Baltimore had similar intentions with these flags. Not saying I condone it at all, but I can't approve of one violation of 4 U.S.C. 8 (g) and disapprove of the other.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The US is not the President. The US is not any one person in it. The flag represents every single person in the US. That includes the majority of people who voted Obama in & even those who didn't.

The people here who cherish the 2A at the expense of all the others need to rethink their strategy.

I spent over 10 years in the military to defend the rights of the people to make any political statement they want in protest of the government. You want to fly the flag upside-down, it's your right. Others want to put Obama's picture on it, go ahead. A sitting President wants to sign one (or even several) as a souvenier:

Bush Desecrates a Flag - Funny Bush Pic

Thats OK too (did anyone here howl in indignity when he did it). Burn one in protest? I guess that's the price we pay for freedom.

Did you know the proper way to dispose of a flag is to burn it? So in that regard the person who burns a flag in protest is not performing a different action than someone disposing of one. The difference is only the reason behind the action. In the case of the protestor that reason is an idea, a thought. Sounds like that might be covered under the First Amendment. Unless you really think the government needs to start banning thoughts?

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    The people here who cherish the 2A at the expense of all the others need to rethink their strategy.
    I'm not sure that Obama's administration is likely to focus too hard on preserving and restoring any of the rights guaranteed by any of the amendments.
    Did you know the proper way to dispose of a flag is to burn it?
    That is only half correct. In actuality, the first step is to cut it apart (specifically separating the stars from the bars) so that the elements you burn are not a flag at the time of burning them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That is only half correct. In actuality, the first step is to cut it apart (specifically separating the stars from the bars) so that the elements you burn are not a flag at the time of burning them.

This i was not aware of. I do know that the other way is to bury it. I would more want to bury the one I have that is ripped by the wind...

As far as the INGO flag, me and a couple others have debated the idea. It's hard to know where to stand on the issue. I can't condone any flag desecration but what the soldiers are doing with the flag they are giving us is a great honor and I'm not against that. Both the obama flag and the INGO flag are against code, but the obama flag is a contridiction in that obama is very anti-freedom, whereas the soldiers are freedom fighters presenting us freedom fighters with a symbol of their gratitude.

It's a very hard thing to swallow, but I can't see arguing against the INGO Flag. The obama flag is a desecration because he is the cryptonite the flag stands for.

Such a hard thing to cope with....

:patriot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    the obama flag is a contridiction in that obama is very anti-freedom, whereas the soldiers are freedom fighters presenting us freedom fighters with a symbol of their gratitude.

Setting aside your personal political opinions for a moment, look at it from the Z'Obombie's point of view for a second. They're likely to say that Obama is going to return our freedoms whereas the soldiers are baby killers presenting us with spoils of an illegal war.

My point is that it is just semantics, and it's colored by your personal opinions.

Discuss.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Obama said he wants to be like Lincoln, Kennedy and King.

And the people of Baltimore, or Baltimorons as I call them, are a brain washed group. I know, my family is from there. Luckily they are not the Zobombies walking in a daze. They got out of the city, and made a **** load of money when the Inner Harbor was being constructed by selling the houses they owned two blocks from the I.H. on Fleet street.:runaway:

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Obama tries so very hard to be like Lincoln,Kennedy and Martin Lucifer King. I hope he end up just like them.

Promoting the assasination of a sitting President isn't likely to go over very well in some LE circles. You can say what you want, but I'm just sayin'...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Obama tries so very hard to be like Lincoln,Kennedy and Martin Lucifer King. I hope he end up just like them.

And the people of Baltimore, or Baltimorons as I call them, are a brain washed group. I know, my family is from there. Luckily they are not the Zobombies walking in a daze. They got out of the city, and made a **** load of money when the Inner Harbor was being constructed by selling the houses they owned two blocks from the I.H. on Fleet street.:runaway:

I have intense disdain for Obama and believe Kennedy was a mediocre hyped-up machine politician but this is really over the top. Have you seen the film of the bullets striking JFK and the terror on the face of his wife? It's absolutely horrible and should not be talked about glibly. Show some respect.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    As far as the INGO flag, me and a couple others have debated the idea. It's hard to know where to stand on the issue. I can't condone any flag desecration but what the soldiers are doing with the flag they are giving us is a great honor and I'm not against that. Both the obama flag and the INGO flag are against code, but the obama flag is a contridiction in that obama is very anti-freedom, whereas the soldiers are freedom fighters presenting us freedom fighters with a symbol of their gratitude.

It's a very hard thing to swallow, but I can't see arguing against the INGO Flag. The obama flag is a desecration because he is the cryptonite the flag stands for.

Such a hard thing to cope with....

So you condone the potential prosecution of a person for flag desecration (if there were such a law) based completely on the political affiliations of the person doing the desecration? If that's not anti-First Amendment, I have no idea what is. Holy crap! Are your true colors showing or do some of you guys really not see how some of your statements are completely at odds with historical American values?

Except for gun rights (not in any way am I saying that is not important), show me where Obama has threatened to remove any Constitutional rights. The whole "sky is falling" tone is really getting silly.

shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    souvenir flags...

I don't really care for people doing this to flags, but I have seen it on both sides of the aisle. It isn't uncommon to put propaganda on the american flag. I could even swear that my dad had some sort of antique flag with Teddy Roosevelt's face on it or some such thing.

I know that many of us right now have a bad taste in our mouth, and are justifiably nervous about the next 4 years... so you just suck it up and tough it out and know that you aren't the only one who feels this way, no matter what the talking heads say, find the people who can keep the crazy's at bay (Pence, Buyer), support them and support the NRA.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Think that's bad...I had to go work in IL during election season and see all those god forsaken t-shirts everyone was wearing around with his face as big as a basketball.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So you condone the potential prosecution of a person for flag desecration (if there were such a law) based completely on the political affiliations of the person doing the desecration? If that's not anti-First Amendment, I have no idea what is. Holy crap! Are your true colors showing or do some of you guys really not see how some of your statements are completely at odds with historical American values?

Except for gun rights (not in any way am I saying that is not important), show me where Obama has threatened to remove any Constitutional rights. The whole "sky is falling" tone is really getting silly.

I didn't say ANYTHING to that likeness and I resent you putting words in my mouth. You and David need to go bowling...

Anyway, I know it makes me a hypocrit for what I said, but that's fine. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PROSECUTING ANYONE!!! Get your head outta your keyboard, slow down, read, comprehend, stop, think about it, then respond.

You want to see where obama is removing rights? How about his servitude requirements for CHILDREN?!!?! Hmmm... Yea. That's UnConstitutional...

You claim to not support him, but you sure are defending him a lot. I don't think I need to do that research for you, but I will anyway because I'm tired of watching your doublespeak while you sit here and defend him.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    oflag.jpg

US Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

This is one flag I would have no problems burning. That is if I could stop pissing on it long enough to get it to take the flame...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would never **** on Old Glory, even with Obama's face illegally superimposed on it. I would happily separate the stars from the bars and burn the latter, however; The Stars do not appear to have been desecrated.

I respect the intentions of our soldiers of Camp Blackhorse and thank them for their gesture. It is my considered opinion that someone was (or several someones were) unaware of 4USC 8(g)

Top Bottom