• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Last I heard, which was probably a week ago, on a radio talk show (can't remember who the host was), the FDA is now reconsidering their stance following some kind of backlash. I believe some congressman were raising a stink about this idiocy. So, hopefully they won't be going ahead with this nonsense.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Are you opposed to the FDA regulating our food?

If not, why should this supplier of animal feed be exempt from the regulations that others must adhere to?

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I smell Big Beer behind this one. Even the smallest breweries make a TON of "waste" that they would otherwise have to pay to be disposed of, but can actually be paid by farmers to take it of their hands. Mega-brewers of course can afford to meet new regulations if it decreases their competition.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I smell Big Beer behind this one. Even the smallest breweries make a TON of "waste" that they would otherwise have to pay to be disposed of, but can actually be paid by farmers to take it of their hands. Mega-brewers of course can afford to meet new regulations if it decreases their competition.

Looks like the Mr. Beer kits will start selling amazingly well if thats the case.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So, tell me, what problem would this fix exactly? I imagine the FDA would have a hard time figuring that out.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I have a lot of friends that get grain from breweries for their chickens. they get it because it is cheep or free. it is of no use for anything else. now to use it they have to dry all of it. if they don't it will rot and mildew. drying is not something the breweries do. while i feel it is way too much work i see nothing wrong with the people who do it. now i do hit up the local grocery stores for bad produce which i chop and feed to my chickens.

as far as the fda goes for animal feed. pet food companies are allowed to put some nasty stuff in pet foods. meat collected at animal shelters/pounds (guess what kind of meat that is) is allowed to be used in pet foods.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom