The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    OK, if you need a diversion here's some really fascinating stuff, patents granted to a Dr. Pais that sound like they belong in a George Lucas movie.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bumping this because I have a date with a gal that's way out of my league.

It's been almost two years since my divorce, and I've been pretty much focused on work and being a good single Dad to my kids since then. I've only been out on a couple of dates and never really hit it off with any of the ladies.

There is a young lady that works for one of the vendors my company uses and she and I interact over email and phone calls a few times a year, but I had never actually met her. Fast forward to a month or so ago and I had a project that required me to visit her office in person. Not only does she kick butt at her job, but she turned out to be extremely easy on the eyes too.

I felt like we hit it off that day, but it was hard to tell if she was just being friendly in a work way or if there was actual chemistry there. It felt like flirting to me, but I've been out of the game for so long I wasn't sure. I wanted to ask her out at the end of the day, but thought it might come off as unprofessional.

Well I ran into her out in the wild on Friday night while having dinner with a buddy. She actually saw me and called me over. I didn't see her and would have walked right on by if she hadn't. I doubled back to chat and she was at table with a guy so I thought, "well, so much for asking her out."

My buddy and I were headed down the road to one of those ax throwing bars, and me being the nice guy that I am, I invited her and her friend to join us if they were looking for something to do later. She said she'd think about, but didn't seem too interested. Let's say I was floored when she showed up less than 20 minutes later "just to say goodnight" before heading home. More importantly, she was alone.

Even a blind man could have seen the signs she was throwing out there, so I figured she was definitely interested in being more than just work friends. I called her up the next day and we're going out on a date next Friday. :rockwoot::alright:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What a good story McG. Thanks for sharing. I am in limbo myself right now so reading this puts a smile on my face.
    It's been tough trying to meet women in COVID times. For starters, it's really hard to tell what they look like or how old they are. You can't walk by and smile at them and if you take your own mask off it seems like half of them are ready to mace you when you get close.

Top Bottom