• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    I can smell Illinois from here
    Homosexuals appear to be everywhere. Especially around Camby. I never suspected there were so many. Since the boy and girl scouts were formally organized, and segregated by sex, why can't homosexuals organize their own groups. Suggestions would be gay-scouts and les-scouts. PLEASE leave our well established tradition alone.
    It seems like disrupting society is the main reason behind this crap. It's like "hey I'm a homo, now the law says you gotta accept me so there".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, I'm thinking GP that you don't have any use for things like a bill of sale, a warranty, or a contract, since all those things operate on the assumption that the other party is less than honest.

When it comes to the safety of children, what in the world is wrong with operating on the assumption that an ounce of prevention is worth (in this case) a metric ton of cure?

Like foszoe said, I don't care who goes camping with who, hetero, or homosexual. But simple rules of conduct for the adults when supervising children, and a system that prevents problems, to me, is a lot more sensible and effective than just keeping out the gay guys.

I'm all for being cautious... equally cautious with everyone, however. I don't see why people are acting as though they need more caution with a gay or opposite sex person, though.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm all for being cautious... equally cautious with everyone, however. I don't see why people are acting as though they need more caution with a gay or opposite sex person, though.

You could argue against what I posted based on too much or too little caution, but not based on the sexual orientation or occupation of those charged with supervision. I did not take that position.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You could argue against what I posted based on too much or too little caution, but not based on the sexual orientation or occupation of those charged with supervision. I did not take that position.

You're right, my comment on that was on what Expat had said previously. Getting posts mixed up

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I Have been studying on this thread since last night and have some thoughts. I think the whole ordeal is not really about homosexuality, it is about militancy.

Would we let a Jew be scoutmaster? Sure we would. A fanatic Zionist? Probably not. How about a Muslim? Sure! a radical Islamic? Not these days. What about a White guy...... sure, unless he is a white supremacist. Nix on black panthers too. Could a scoutmaster be a biker? Probably. An outlaw biker gangster? Problematic!

The thorn in peoples side is the agenda that a radical promotes. Like many fringe elements, homosexuality has a loud ugly and persistent militant political presence. Just like the Taliban poisoned the political well for moderate Islam, the gay pride spectacle and obnoxious gay political displays have queered the public outlook for the gay rights movement.

Any of the aforementioned people can and have been scouts/leaders. Radical Zionists, Islamist, KKK, Black Power, pretty much anybody with a loud mouth gets the bum's rush pretty quickly. The same for militant gay extremists.

How do we know if a scout leader is gay? he/she/it has to reveal or exhibit their sexuality in some public way. Let's flip it around..... Suppose I am a heterosexual scoutmaster. One evening around the campfire I nonchalantly mention to the kids that the wife and I have been going at it pretty hard lately. Now just how many MINUTES do you think I would remain scoutmaster? Their mothers certainly don't want that discussion any better than explaining to their kids why the scoutmaster's wife has a full beard.

The general public, who is heterosexual by a LARGE margin, does not want their children exposed to unusual or exotic ideas before they are old enough to process them.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just curious here, but how many of you would be comfortable with a thirty-something woman as scoutmaster taking your adolescent boys to the bathroom or otherwise having to help them in compromising situations?
    Conversely with adolescent girls and a thirty-something male scoutmaster?
    Both scenarios are premised on the only adult present being said scoutmaster.
    Posing an extreme scenario, do police departments make it standard practice for male officers to perform cavity searches on female detainees?
    If it matters, why?
    If it really doesn't matter, why not?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just curious here, but how many of you would be comfortable with a thirty-something woman as scoutmaster taking your adolescent boys to the bathroom or otherwise having to help them in compromising situations?
    Conversely with adolescent girls and a thirty-something male scoutmaster?
    Both scenarios are premised on the only adult present being said scoutmaster.
    Posing an extreme scenario, do police departments make it standard practice for male officers to perform cavity searches on female detainees?
    If it matters, why?
    If it really doesn't matter, why not?
    I while back when my son was briefly a Cub Scout, the Scoutmaster was a women. I was there during the meetings so there was never an issue. We don't do cavity searches, jailers do. However, opposite sexes can perform standard searches if they have to.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I while back when my son was briefly a Cub Scout, the Scoutmaster was a women. I was there during the meetings so there was never an issue. We don't do cavity searches, jailers do. However, opposite sexes can perform standard searches if they have to.

You conveniently sidestepped the premise of the scoutmaster being the only adult present.
    Likewise, with the premise of opposite sex people conducting cavity searches.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You conveniently sidestepped the premise of the scoutmaster being the only adult present.
    Likewise, with the premise of opposite sex people conducting cavity searches.
    OK, if I was allowed to leave ( I was not) my son there with the female Scoutmaster I would have been just fine with it. I do not know jail and prison rules for cavity searches, it doesn't bother me but it's not me being searched. Did I feel uncomfortable getting my prostate checked by a female PA? No. Would I feel uncomfortable in a gym locker room with a homosexual, no. This is based on ADULT behavior. AS long as we all are acting as mature adults, none of this bothers me.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    OK, if I was allowed to leave ( I was not) my son there with the female Scoutmaster I would have been just fine with it. I do not know jail and prison rules for cavity searches, it doesn't bother me but it's not me being searched. Did I feel uncomfortable getting my prostate checked by a female PA? No. Would I feel uncomfortable in a gym locker room with a homosexual, no. This is based on ADULT behavior. AS long as we all are acting as mature adults, none of this bothers me.

But the first scenario doesn't involve only mature adults, now does it?
    Why so slippery?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think Denny and some others here are confusing what used to be with what is now. Back when I was a Cub Scout, all the Den Mothers were just that - Mothers. As for us, we weren't nearly as sexualized in the 50s and 60s as kids are today. I never heard about a teacher have sex with his or her student, and I seriously doubt that it happened much outside the homosexual community. Our society has been degraded by the entertainment industry and Progressive/communists with their constant pushing of the societal boundaries of sexual proprieties and as a result we now have kids who are "confused about their sexuality" at an age when most of us thought girls had cooties and boys were yucky. It's not the kids, it's the society that's confused.

Top Bottom