• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Depends am I fighting off a army or am I just surviving and protecting myself.

Striking a military campaign

AR with plenty of mags and a high capacity handgun 9mm.

Survival
    marlin 30-30
    12 ga 870
    Glock 23

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    A Winchester Trapper in .45LC, and Colt SAA in .45LC. If I had to skin a "Grizz" I'd have to use my Randall survival knife. Course if I come across a frozen INGO blogger I'd be abliged to relief him of his/her shootin' iron, just as an INGO blogger would be welcome to pry my fire sticks from my cold dead hands.

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An Winchester Trapper in .45LC, and Colt SAA in .45LC. If I had st skin a "Grizz" I'd have to use my Randall survival knife. Course if I come across a frozen INGO blogger I'd be abliged to relief him of his/her shootin' iron, just as an INGO blogger would be welcome to pry my fire sticks from cold dead hands.

Earlier I chose 44 magnum but 45LC would be good also. Reason for choosing long gun and revolver in same caliber is less ammo to worry about if both guns use the same. Something to think about and I believe a lot of the old cowboys and mountain men used this method.

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Upon conisderation of the request for more modern firearms I'd switch my choices from a Marlin 1895 .45/70, Marlin 1894 .32-20, and Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull/.45 Colt to the following:

1. Custom semiauto action, .350 Remington Magnum, side eject, side load 10-round rotary magazine using 5-round stripper clips, 18" integrally suppressed barrel, Pachmayr QD Lo-Swing reciever mount Leupold Mark IV 1-3x14 CQ/T scope, peep sights, and Mannlicher polymer stock w/integral light weight bipod, bayonet attachment, twin mercury recoil reducers, Kick-eze recoil pad, and off side pouch for 4 5-round stripper clips. Second scope mount panel with ATN-Mars 6x generation 4 night vision scope. Nylon sling

2. Semi custom ParaOrdnance 1911 style High Cap 12-round semiauto pistol in .50 GI

3. Custom Peter Hofer 5-barrel funfling 12gauge x 12 gauge SXS with .22 Hornet over .30-'06 over .375 H&H Magnum w/Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 scope on QD see-through mount, with a set of 12 gauge to 20 gauge chamber adapters (Mostly for the 12 gauge and .22 Hornet for birds and small game respectively, with the capability to take take other game and snipe with the .30-'06 and .375 H&H when the .350 Remington magnum just isn't enough.) Strap on offside stock pouch for 4 12-gauge, 2 .22 Hornet, 2 .30-'06, and 2 .375 H&H Magnum shells. Custom leather sling w/4 12-gauge, 2 .22 Hornet, 2 .30-'06, and 2 .375 H&H Magnum shells. Belt pouch with 8 12-gauge, 4 .22 Hornet, 4 .30-'06, & 4 .375 H&H Magnum shells.

Add a custom Damascus Mediterranean Bowie, Custom Rifleman's tomahawk, and OKC-3S bayonet/field knife

After all, a Mountain Man deserves the best.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom