• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Why you will never see many accurate historical movies or TV shows.

To satisfy the first standard, filmmakers must meet one of the following criteria:

• One of the lead actors or "significant supporting actors" must be non-white;
    • 30% of all secondary actors must be women, non-white, not-straight, or disabled; and
    • The "main storyline(s), theme or narrative of the film is centered on" one of these same groups.
    The second standard requires that at least two creative leadership positions and department heads, 30% of the film's crew, or six other key roles hail from these "underrepresented groups."

The third standard requires both that the film's distribution or financing company offer paid apprenticeships or internships to people from these groups and further that it offer training opportunities and skill developments, but again only to non-whites, non-straights, and women.

The fourth and final standard requires that the film company and/or studio have multiple senior executives from these allegedly underrepresented groups.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To give the pedants something to fuss about?
    Dude, I'm trying to extricate myself from (toxic) INGO politics and this thread isn't helping.
    If I wanted to read articles from those sources, I'd go to those websites.

Some of us just want to talk about guns, uncoiled rice, and boner drones.
    It's getting worse and worse around here when it comes to politics; a lot of good folks have been driven out.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Why is this in the "break Room" and not general politics? :dunno:
    Which article are you referring to?
    There are hundreds in here that do not fit in the political form or anywhere except here. Besides this is about news people may have missed that isn't to popular.
    It would be foolish to start a thread for every news article IMO.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Which article are you referring to?
    There are hundreds in here that do not fit in the political form or anywhere except here. Besides this is about news people may have missed that isn't to popular.
    It would be foolish to start a thread for every news article IMO.
    Not to put words in his mouth, but I think it's more about the "no politics in the break room" rule. Some of the articles posted in this thread are inevitably going to be political, so perhaps this whole thread could be moved to a politics-allowed section?

Makes sense to me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not to put words in his mouth, but I think it's more about the "no politics in the break room" rule. Some of the articles posted in this thread are inevitably going to be political, so perhaps this whole thread could be moved to a politics-allowed section?

Makes sense to me.
    One can label politics to everything because politics affects everything if you get right down to the nitty-gritty.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    One can label politics to everything because politics affects everything if you get right down to the nitty-gritty.
    True enough. It's somewhat subjective, and I certainly am not the one to make the determination. I'm just saying that I can see @JettaKnight 's point. Congressional hearings about communist influence in schools seems just about as political as you can get.

Top Bottom