• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kid arrested for picking a flower as he waited at the bus stop. C’mon. WTF. I can imagine the type of officer that would do this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Kid arrested for picking a flower as he waited at the bus stop. C’mon. WTF. I can imagine the type of officer that would do this.
    I can't imagine the type of "adult" that would call the cops in the first place.

And this was also disturbing:
    "The 6-year-old went to juvenile court after his mother couldn’t make the intake meeting, the report said."

What kind of "mother" couldn't be bothered to go to the intake meeting when her 6 year old was arrested?? This kid doesn't stand a chance unfortunately. Got a mother that doesn't care about him (where is the father??), and has now been exposed to a legal system that treats him like a common criminal at the age of 6. Does anyone think he's going to grow up to respect the police and law enforcement in general?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is a travesty of justice, of course. No 6 year old should be subjected to that. And there probably is a racial component to this story. A white 6 year old would likely just be told not to do that.

But that's not an instance of "insane social justice" otherwise known as "wokeness". If this happened to the black 6 year old for being a male engaging in toxic masculinity because he picked the flower, that would be insane social justice. This was simply a travesty of justice, period. There's no reason that a 6 year old should have any legal proceedings brought against him for picking a ****ing flower regardless of his race.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't imagine the type of "adult" that would call the cops in the first place.

And this was also disturbing:
    "The 6-year-old went to juvenile court after his mother couldn’t make the intake meeting, the report said."

What kind of "mother" couldn't be bothered to go to the intake meeting when her 6 year old was arrested?? This kid doesn't stand a chance unfortunately. Got a mother that doesn't care about him (where is the father??), and has now been exposed to a legal system that treats him like a common criminal at the age of 6. Does anyone think he's going to grow up to respect the police and law enforcement in general?
    I've lived in NC maybe 35 years ago. I can imagine it if some of the people are as racist as they were when I lived there. About the mother though, I don't know her situation. If she had to be at work or she'd get fired, I dunno. What do you do? There were likely better ways of handling it. But not everyone knows what to do when they're faced with life ****. I'd need to know what her shoes smelled like to say whether I should blame her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've lived in NC maybe 35 years ago. I can imagine it if some of the people are as racist as they were when I lived there. About the mother though, I don't know her situation. If she had to be at work or she'd get fired, I dunno. What do you do? There were likely better ways of handling it. But not everyone knows what to do when they're faced with life ****. I'd need to know what her shoes smelled like to say whether I should blame her.
    If my boss told me I had to work or get fired when my 6 year old kid was being taken into jail, I'd tell my boss what they could do with the job. And my shoes would probably be smelling like boss ass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If my boss told me I had to work or get fired when my 6 year old kid was being taken into jail, I'd tell my boss what they could do with the job. And my shoes would probably be smelling like boss ass.
    The article didn’t say they were taking him to jail. It was very vague about what actually happened. All it said was the mother couldn’t go to the intake meeting. I’m not sure that the boy was even in custody. Of course if he was, yeah, it would be extraordinary for me to miss that. But that’s me. I’m not going to project my situation onto the mother. We don’t know why she couldn’t make the meeting.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The article didn’t say they were taking him to jail. It was very vague about what actually happened. All it said was the mother couldn’t go to the intake meeting. I’m not sure that the boy was even in custody. Of course if he was, yeah, it would be extraordinary for me to miss that. But that’s me. I’m not going to project my situation onto the mother. We don’t know why she couldn’t make the meeting.
    Whenever I hear the term "intake", it's usually in conjunction with being booked into jail.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just wow. "Hey, let's replace one form of bias with another!" (and a far more explicit bias, too.)

How do these people think that's a good thing? How can they possibly see a that path ending in equality?
    It is worrying that for some the end goal is to replace one demographic group that they perceive as oppressors, with their own preferred group of oppressors.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It is worrying that for some the end goal is to replace one demographic group that they perceive as oppressors, with their own preferred group of oppressors.
    I'll give them the charity that that have equity / equality as an end goal - they just have no good idea how to get there.

They instinctively think that power must be derived from oppression; if you're not on top, then you must be on bottom. This was all played out at Evergreen College.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'll give them the charity that that have equity / equality as an end goal - they just have no good idea how to get there.

They instinctively think that power must be derived from oppression; if you're not on top, then you must be on bottom. This was all played out at Evergreen College.
    And one of the flaws in that philosophy is that it creates conflict and division, rather than resolving it or allowing us to move beyond the failures of the past. Instead it encourages conflict between the oppressors resisting the rise of the oppressed, within the oppressor group as people attempt to atone for their perceived sins, and sets up the next cycle of violence as the next oppressed group attempts to rise and meets resistance from the new oppressors.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

That cop and prosecutor are too stupid to be employed. Waste of resources all around.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    That cop and prosecutor are too stupid to be employed. Waste of resources all around.
    Unfortunately, there are millions of idiots who walk amongst us, breathing the air we breathe, the water we drink and eat the food we need to nourish ourselves.

These people make it clear cut case that there is a need for birth control for a certain part of the population.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You are too generous then. They make it clear that is not what they want. They want supremacy for their chosen group(s).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are too generous then. They make it clear that is not what they want. They want supremacy for their chosen group(s).
    It looks a lot like that’s the end goal, but underlying it is the power dynamics. It is a basis for critical race theory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom