• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So I'm confused, I don't have Disney+ and have never watched the show in question or heard of the actress that had the audacity to express a differing opinion but I'm curious; based on physical features and her name I could be forgiven for thinking that she is of some other origin than white supremacist so how is it that she is being sacrificed for woke points? Are the woke starting to eat their own?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That it might take people's minds off escapist entertainment and encourage them to contemplate what is happening in the realz?
    It could also have been a reminder that, although Walt is on ice, the company he created still likes to cozy up to foreign powers with a reputation for putting their own people in camps

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps she had simply had enough of biting her tongue and hiding her opinion? You know, it happens outside of INGO, too

Faith Over Fear
    Well, at least temporarily; as the post has been deleted. One would assume that she regrets her decision to "keep it real," and for the record, I like Gina, and have followed her well before she got famous in MMA. That said, careerwise, her actions seem.... foolish.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    E3kK5K2.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    While you may not like it, is he wrong?

Could she have known what tweeting something like that would do to her career? Especially at Disney. Hell, not only could she have known, she should have known. Sure it sucks, but that is the world we live in.
    I have a hard time believing you think it is better to keep your mouth shut rather than speak the truth.

Kit, I understand, but you surprise me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have a hard time believing you think it is better to keep your mouth shut rather than speak the truth.

Kit, I understand, but you surprise me.
    That is not what I think is best. It is what I think is real. I pretty much agree with what she posted. I surely support her right to do so.

How many examples have we seen where someone tweets something that the wokerati don't like and they suffer for it? If that person is in entertainment, it will be worse. If they work for a company like Disney that wants to lead in the realm of corporate wokeness, they are doomed. I honestly do not see how anyone can think that the tweet in question would not garner the backlash it did. I hope she is able to rebound from this and continue her career if that is what she wants.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So I'm confused, I don't have Disney+ and have never watched the show in question or heard of the actress that had the audacity to express a differing opinion but I'm curious; based on physical features and her name I could be forgiven for thinking that she is of some other origin than white supremacist so how is it that she is being sacrificed for woke points? Are the woke starting to eat their own?
    Oh, it doesn’t matter your race or even party affiliation. She refused to conform. They canceled her.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While you may not like it, is he wrong?

Could she have known what tweeting something like that would do to her career? Especially at Disney. Hell, not only could she have known, she should have known. Sure it sucks, but that is the world we live in.
    It isn't so much the issue of the reality on the street at the moment as the condescending attitude I would expect from the type of person who will pledge allegiance to whatever flag is offered.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

MSNBC host takes heat for incorrectly fact-checking Ted Cruz​

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

She got 10k likes from Idiots, that video got 7k.

Thanks for posting. The left still believes he is an idiot and there is no way to change their minds, they are brain washed by the likes of Andria Mitchell.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

She got 10k likes from Idiots, that video got 7k.

Thanks for posting. The left still believes he is an idiot and there is no way to change their minds, they are brain washed by the likes of Andria Mitchell.

A lie can get half way around the world while the truth is still putting it's shoes on.
    (or something like that)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Every time I see this it reminds me of the Mike and The Mechanics song Silent Running. If you listen to it, it seems rather appropriate today IMHO.
    As a matter of fact that was running through my mind as I posted. Some things just can't be improved!

Seriously though, I have a serious problem with criticizing a person for not bowing before a new "normal" which is wrongly usurping the position of our proper circumstances. In my reckoning that is the mark of a person who adheres no particular values who will conform to the most expedient vehicle of self-promotion.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom