• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don’t twitter, do you.

In everyday life I have never heard anyone utter such nonsense within earshot. But it’s pervasive in media and common on college campuses in especially progressive enclaves. I don’t think it’s a majority of students or even faculty, but what the students and faculty lack in numbers they make up for in magnitude of cringe and volume. I’m not saying it’s a prevailing attitude. I’m saying it’s really, really stupid. And it’s spreading.

I was always of the belief that it wasn't a coincidence that "tweet" and "twit" and some other word shared similarities.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Explained earlier.
    Yeah but their teams symbol is racists it needs to change.
    Redskins is racists.
    Cleveland Indians logo with Indian face is racist
    And on and on and on.
    These people are lunatics.
    The racist crap in this country is coming to a head. I think the people using this excuse better recalculate what's worth fighting for before they lose their perks very soon

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Explained earlier.

Explanations don’t matter. It was explained that the okay sign as a racist symbol was a hoax created by 4chan to troll corporate news. Yet a Hispanic/Jew undeniably, most definitely, absolutely, without any doubt flashed a white power symbol in support of her obvious white nationalism. :rolleyes:

I was always of the belief that it wasn't a coincidence that "tweet" and "twit" and some other word shared similarities.
    Twitter is poison. It is ruining Western Civilization.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Twitter is poison. It is ruining Western Civilization.

Social media, in general, is doing this. It magnifies the loud minority of people playing victim... making it seem like there are real issues that have to be addressed and given attention.

Everyone feels entitled to be heard. A single misleading tweet can form movements and dominate news cycles to push agendas.

Can't take it away now, though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One more thing about showing obvious non-white nationalists making the “white power” symbol. There are other explanations for all uses of that symbol, because it mostly means “okay”. It is no less absurd to say white people are using it as a symbol of white nationalism than to say Colin Kaepernick is using it for that purpose. And, c’mon. Zina Bash? Those of you who lean left. You’re really not gonna call them out for that ****? You should be ridiculing them for being so stupid.

Here’s the deal. If people want to make absurd accusations about your perceived mortal enemies, the other side is perfectly willing to throw it back at you with exemplary absurd precision. So maybe it’s better for society to admit that’s all bull**** instead of getting that one more jab in at the opposition. Start giving a flying **** about what’s true, rather than chasing after sweet retribution for imagined evil. “But I just KNOW they’re all racists”, he said with a practiced, socially calibrated lisp. “I just know there is a white supremisist hiding under every gesture. It’s too delicious not to be true. It’s too satisfying for “them” not to be as vile as I imagine.”

While we’re at it, maybe we can admit that kneeling for the national athem turned out to be more divisive than not; an overall negative. The nation is not one inch closer to the feigned goal, yet we’re more segregated for it. It’s all show and no go. It’s a pretense. It’s utopian ********ery. **** it. **** the virtue-signaling kneelers. I’m watching football. Bears game was awesome last night. So was the Vikings-Packers game—notwithstanding laughable field goal performance. And, though I hate the Cowboys, Dak Prescott’s back baby.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Social media, in general, is doing this. It magnifies the loud minority of people playing victim... making it seem like there are real issues that have to be addressed and given attention.

Everyone feels entitled to be heard. A single misleading tweet can form movements and dominate news cycles to push agendas.

Social media has become weaponized. It’s full of bad trolls who want to agitate people into behavior they normally wouldn’t have. There is good trolling though. The good, being where someone gets an insincere actor to reveal his real motivations, by pushing the right buttons. Kinda like Tom Cruz’s character trolled Jack Nickolson’s character in A Few Good Men. But Twitter is way more of the bad. Twitter is a sort of bad troll in itself, as it can bring out the worst of people. Rather it facilitates normally decent people to reveal their worst behavior.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

You are correct.

In a perfect world, a mass of voices wouldn't drive decisions. Sound judgment would, but few have the stones to make the right, hard decisions. Gutless and easy wins the day.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Superman Shouldn't Be White - VICE (Archive link)

The basis of their argument is actually sound... why make him look like a human? Then they throw all that out the window by being okay with Superman being played by a black human.

But, obviously, it's an old creation, and people back in the day didn't realize their creations would be as bastardized and abused as they are today.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

The basis of their argument is actually sound... why make him look like a human? Then they throw all that out the window by being okay with Superman being played by a black human.

But, obviously, it's an old creation, and people back in the day didn't realize their creations would be as bastardized and abused as they are today.

By saying that Superman is supposed to be an outsider who leads like Moses, not a Christian character....the writer shows that he knows nothing about Christianity. Also, assuming what the creators of Superman intended based upon their own ethnicity and religion is not a reliable method.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

giphy.gif

Superman, as a character sucks anyhow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom