• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is any common ethnic food in the US true to the food it purports to be? I know Mexican, Italian, and Chinese are not. German is closer from my experience, but much less prevalent here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like someone else said, if you don't like that someone borrowed from other people's ideas, and turned it into something else, don't use it. If it's a restaurant, don't eat there. If it's a product, don't buy it. If they want to enforce social rules against cultural diversity, they need to give up a lot of conveniences they're enjoying themselves.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Like someone else said, if you don't like that someone borrowed from other people's ideas, and turned it into something else, don't use it. If it's a restaurant, don't eat there. If it's a product, don't buy it. If they want to enforce social rules against cultural diversity, they need to give up a lot of conveniences they're enjoying themselves.
    Where's the fun in that? It is my right to get offended by every little thing!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where's the fun in that? It is my right to get offended by every little thing!

Well, if they want to carry this out all the way, it'll be quite entertaining to see them tear into Beyoncé for her cultural appropriation.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    D3uJDAQXoAYY7Ld.jpg:small

D3t_h_1WkAIgwzh.jpg:small

Is that pronounced "Buttgig"? - Snicker -

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You are implying that they in any way feel the need to be consistent, or will be called to account if they are not

An optimist, I see

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are implying that they in any way feel the need to be consistent, or will be called to account if they are not

An optimist, I see

I'm an optimist in that I suspect they'll eventually lose. Either that or humanity will destroy itself. Either way. :dunno:

But my post was from the perspective of sane people. Okay, so as close as I can tell it from their perspective, it's similar to their definition of racism. You can't be racist if you don't have institutional power. And of course, the dominate culture (whites) is institutional power. Cultural appropriation is a form of group theft, but it's only theft in one direction. Dominant cultures are stealing from minority cultures when they adopt cultural attributes of cultural minorities, therefore theft. Minorities adopting attributes from a dominant culture is merely cultural exchange, therefore it's okay.

Isn't that convenient? They've invented yet another moral crime of which they can never possibly be guilty.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Remember the SJW guy that kicked a woman at an abortion protest?
    He's in court.
    Apparently, he still likes to grab peoples camera or phone.

(language warning)
    [video=youtube;QcUiyUKfHK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUiyUKfHK0[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have to imagine the person running the United Nations twitter account has blue-hair, thick-rimmed glasses, septum piercing...

D4NrCTRW4AEPcyw.png:small

1) Defying stereotypes goes both ways.

2) WTF does that mean? Require specific language?

3) What I would say is toxic masculinity could be described as being an *******. Okay. So don't be an *******. Similar to, don't be a *****. Behold toxically male construction workers.

4) Would be nice if this were true across the board. Caring seems to go just one way.

5) Would be nice if this were true across the board. Tolerance seems to go just one way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom