Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nope. One of the manlier characters, Soldier 76... the grizzled war vet.

Going through the list of male characters... I figured they'd go with Lucio or Junkrat for the gay card. But S76 is super-popular, so that's far more newsworthy. Only two "straight white male" types remain.

We're coming to a day where 4% of the population will be represented by 70% of video games/movies/TV/book characters.

Doomfist is black, so they already have that covered. Wouldn't make sense to be gay.
    Genji is mostly cyborg.
    Hanzo is japanese.
    Junkrat is an Australian anarchist.
    McCree is an American bounty hunter, a "western" guy.
    Reaper is an American mercenary and terrorist.
    Soldier 76 is an American soldier/vigilante, generally "good guy", born in rural Indiana.
    Torbjorn is a Swedish dwarf.
    Reinhardt is a German soldier, heavy crusader-type.
    Roadhog is a giant pig-man.
    Winston is a gorilla.
    Lucio is a brazilian DJ and freedom fighter.

Stop buying the games/movies. They don't make a profit, it'll stop.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Stop buying the games/movies. They don't make a profit, it'll stop.
    It will take a while. In the beginning they just say it isn't their fault. It is the prejudice people's fault. They try to mob shame people for not conforming. Look at Star Wars and Black Panther.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, I think it's better if the SJWs don't stop. I feel the more they push, the more gamers start becoming interested in alternatives to SJW groupthink (one of which is Conservatism/Trumpism)

I know a lot of younger people who are (apparently) not even slightly racist or misogynistic. Their only criteria on a project team is what you can bring to the table in terms of skill set, not what color your skin is or how many X chromosomes you have. But you've got to have the chops

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It will take a while. In the beginning they just say it isn't their fault. It is the prejudice people's fault. They try to mob shame people for not conforming. Look at Star Wars and Black Panther.

The Last Jedi SUCKED. It was just a bad movie. It LOOKED great but that is about it. I won't be going to opening night for IX. I'll probably wait until blueray, I'm not interested at all.

Black Panther was an OK standard Marvel movie, along the lines of IronMan3 or maybe Thor dark world. It was NOT a 98% critically acclaimed movie.
    Critics falling over themselves to put it on a pedestal was/is pathetic and transparent.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Last Jedi SUCKED. It was just a bad movie. It LOOKED great but that is about it. I won't be going to opening night for IX. I'll probably wait until blueray, I'm not interested at all.

Black Panther was an OK standard Marvel movie, along the lines of IronMan3 or maybe Thor dark world. It was NOT a 98% critically acclaimed movie.
    Critics falling over themselves to put it on a pedestal was/is pathetic and transparent.
    Agreed. Last Jedi is the last Star Wars movie I will pay to see. I have not paid to see any of the latest Marvel movies either. I watched them on Netflix. When Disney leaves Netflix, I will wait for them to come onto a provider I already pay for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    James Damore update:

the following was posted to reddit. Don’t know if it’s true. Don’t know who wrote it, but it’s someone inside or formerly inside of Google. James Damore could have written it himself just to stir ****. Kinda doubt he’d do that. If the post is legit, this some next-level Evil for a company which started out with the motto, don’t be evil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesDamore/comments/adpj0h/i_helped_google_screw_over_james_damore/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hey, we still got B.J. Blazkowicz killin' Nazis!

Oh wait, he's been replaced by two women.

So help me if GTA 6 is PC...

Ok, you really can't get mad about Wolfenstein, switching up the Blazkowicz storyline. The story (by Machinegames) picked up in 1946 (Old Blood), and ends with him aged 50, and his wife pregnant in 1961 (New Colossus). The new game picks up in 1980 (he'd be 69) with his twin daughters carrying on the fight. I think it's a good spinoff, and I'm sure Machinegames will revisit the MAIN protagonist in the middle years (61-80), in another installment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, you really can't get mad about Wolfenstein, switching up the Blazkowicz storyline. The story (by Machinegames) picked up in 1946 (Old Blood), and ends with him aged 50, and his wife pregnant in 1961 (New Colossus). The new game picks up in 1980 (he'd be 69) with his twin daughters carrying on the fight. I think it's a good spinoff, and I'm sure Machinegames will revisit the MAIN protagonist in the middle years (61-80), in another installment.

:):

I'm amused that you can rattle off these facts! I started playing the New Order - I forgot how fun those games are.

Actually, I really don't care that much (should it have been purple?). But hey, it's the internet - if I'm not outraged about social injustice, I must be outraged about social justice (warriors). Just like not everything is an injustice, not everything is PC.

Sometimes a choice is just a benign choice.

But seriously, GTA 6 better be just as offensive as GTA 5, and GTA 5, and Vice City...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Have you all tried Pong or Tank Battle? They are awesome...The graphics are AMAZING!!!!

Z
    hqdefault.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'm amused that you can rattle off these facts! I started playing the New Order - I forgot how fun those games are.

Actually, I really don't care that much (should it have been purple?). But hey, it's the internet - if I'm not outraged about social injustice, I must be outraged about social justice (warriors). Just like not everything is an injustice, not everything is PC.

But seriously, GTA 6 better be just as offensive as GTA 5, and GTA 5, and Vice City...

86d5200a29809e732f5b4371def3322ad6ab9099a5812afa82778e1b3366b382.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I've been playing versions of Wolfenstein since the Commodore 64.... and as far as GTA 6 goes, it earned more money the year it was released than any movie (let alone video game), and currently has earned over $6 BILLION. I have the utmost confidence that even if the person that owned the franchise was a black transsexual midget the game would be every bit as offensive as it always has.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom