Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. When was the last time a right winger swung a bike lock at a p***y hat wearing leftist?

Lots of violence from the left. Not so much from the right.

If the right were violent, there would it would have been Kent State 2.0 the other day during the open carry march.

Back in before Kut, etc mention McVeigh. Yes there HAVE been violent right wingers, but as a rule, the violence is owned by the left. The violent right is much less prevalent and you cannot compare the two sides.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back in before Kut, etc mention McVeigh. Yes there HAVE been violent right wingers, but as a rule, the violence is owned by the left. The violent right is much less prevalent and you cannot compare the two sides.

Charleston? Or was that not a ideologically motivated attack?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

You mean the crazy kid that sat through the church bible study before opening fire? I didnt know they ever determined a political ideology? I though he was just a crazy anti Christian, and possibly racist a-hole?

edit: And I am speaking primarily more along the lines of frequency.

There is violence at MANY left wing demonstrations. When was the last car overturned or cop injured at a Trump rally? (not initiated by counter protesters)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That WAS an ideologically motivated attack. But people on the right largely rejected that ideology. The UTR II event was joined by only 2 dozen people. The left seems incapable of admitting they have bad actors on their side, and an even bigger problem with people imagining violent groups like Antifa are freedom fighters.

On the right there are some problems with white identitarian extremists. And it’s not a large problem. If it weren’t for the recruiting fodder insane leftists have become, the problem would be even smaller.

We have people on the left advocating people go after politicians they disagree with, at their homes, at restaurants, wherever. And the left is incapable of calling that out. It’s just allowed to grow.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    people apologize for the dumbest ****

Do8aURzV4AA1sJ_.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    people apologize for the dumbest ****

Do8aURzV4AA1sJ_.jpg:small

Let me rewrite that for him.

"I did not mean to offend by quoting Churchill, but seriously, if you're offended by Churchill quotes, maybe you should consider ****ing all the way off. Because Churchill is the primary reason Nazi Germany didn't conquer Great Brittan, because he OPPOSED NAZIS. It seems that perhaps you're offended by Churchill quotes BECAUSE YOU'RE A ****ING NAZI. My point was that we need to come together as one nation, but we can't do that when you allow yourselves to be offended by the words of a hero WHO FOUGHT ****ING LITERAL REAL ASS NAZIS. We're all Americans, and that should transcend partisan politics, but you don't even like America. And that's why you should consider ****ing all the way off."

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

"I did not mean to offend by quoting Churchill, but seriously, if you're offended by Churchill quotes, maybe you should consider ****ing all the way off. Because Churchill is the primary reason Nazi Germany didn't conquer Great Brittan, because he OPPOSED NAZIS, it seems that perhaps you're offended by Churchill quotes BECAUSE YOU'RE A ****ING NAZI. My point was that we need to come together as one nation, but we can't do that when you allow yourselves to be offended by the words of a hero WHO FOUGHT ****ING LITERAL REAL ASS NAZIS. We're all Americans, and that should transcend partisan politics, but you don't even like America. And that's why you should consider ****ing all the way off."

I'd say that would be a way to get some twitter action going...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

"I did not mean to offend by quoting Churchill, but seriously, if you're offended by Churchill quotes, maybe you should consider ****ing all the way off. Because Churchill is the primary reason Nazi Germany didn't conquer Great Brittan, because he OPPOSED NAZIS. It seems that perhaps you're offended by Churchill quotes BECAUSE YOU'RE A ****ING NAZI. My point was that we need to come together as one nation, but we can't do that when you allow yourselves to be offended by the words of a hero WHO FOUGHT ****ING LITERAL REAL ASS NAZIS. We're all Americans, and that should transcend partisan politics, but you don't even like America. And that's why you should consider ****ing all the way off."

:yesway:

So who's on twitter and can "tweet" that?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This whole right versus left political violence debate (in the U.S.) seems a little odd. Both sides have their nut jobs.

There is a difference though, as I am currently observing it.

On the right we have ultra right nut jobs who do horrible violent things. I mean we can name names....at least 7 or 8 over the last 20+ years. 7 or 8 over the last 20+ years...maybe 10 or 12, I'll be generous. However, when the ultra right whackos gets violent, they get violent. People die.
    - No one claims them.
    - No one supports them.
    - No one tries to make us understand their perspective.
    - No one makes excuses for them
    - Every conservative wants them prosecuted, and executed if appropriate.
    - They are only "right" because they are labeled that way and sometimes label themselves that way. They are not part of the greater conservative community.

On the left, the violence takes forms like rioting, physical attacks on people they don't agree with. Burning things, smashing things, etc. So far in the Trump era, no fatalities that I am aware of. Not surprising though, they are millenials and younger. Finishing things, accomplishing goals- that sounds too much like work. Also, we can't name their names. There are too many.
    - The left refuses to condemn them.
    - The left encourages them.
    - The left actively supports them.
    - The left explains tries to explain why they are so angry.
    - The left makes excuses for them.
    - The left proudly claims them because they are an integral branch of the left. They are the left.

So, this debate about left versus right violence.

The violence on the right is rejected by essentially everyone on the right except for the people doing the violence. 99.9999999999999999999999% of the right would fight the violent people if they knew about it ahead of time, not join them.

What's the percentage of the left who would stand up and confront the violence on their side?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This whole right versus left political violence debate (in the U.S.) seems a little odd. Both sides have their nut jobs.

Probably the most accurate description of the state of politics.

On Morning Edition, I had to listen to Steve Inskeep keep trying to defend the barbaric leftist confronting senators this last week. As one who likes to think NPR is neutral, I was embarrassed.

The only objection, is after listening to the Bundyville podcast (I highly recommend it), there's a non-zero, but small, amount of right-wingers unwilling to condemn wackos such as McVey.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Name one politician on the right that said something to the effect of:

"We need to give these people space to destroy."

Go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.